Priceline for Fort Lauderdale Hotels?

monu58

We're staying here Dec 26th. I went on Priceline, and put in Ft Lauderdale Beach, I think, and 3 stars. I got it for $95/night. Then I called the hotel and made sure I was in a Non-Smoking, King bed room and they confirmed. I thought it was a great deal, and it's less than 2 miles from the port. I had heard great things about the hotel. Good Luck

cmh1219 - the idea of free rebids is so that you can continue to bid on the zone you are looking for without getting a different hotel. It can help you get something a little more quickly. You may be a little early for that time, but I have not been keeping up on when people have been successful. Have you checked out biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com?

We're staying here Dec 26th. I went on Priceline, and put in Ft Lauderdale Beach, I think, and 3 stars. I got it for $95/night. Then I called the hotel and made sure I was in a Non-Smoking, King bed room and they confirmed. I thought it was a great deal, and it's less than 2 miles from the port. I had heard great things about the hotel. Good Luck

Thank You. That is a good price. Does anyone know if me bidding on 3 rooms at a time has any effect on priceline as to them accepting the bids or not. Does it decrease or increase your chances? Thank You

Thank You. That is a good price. Does anyone know if me bidding on 3 rooms at a time has any effect on priceline as to them accepting the bids or not. Does it decrease or increase your chances? Thank You

It shouldnt have any effect, when the hotels open up their inventory to priceline they just want to fill rooms.

On March 21, 2005 I used priceline to find a room for Nov. 11, 2005. I bid 3 star I think, downtown and beach area in FLL. We received the Bahia Mar for $85.00. It seems as though you should be able to bid for the dates you are looking for then. Had I done additional research, I probably could have paid less or received a "better" hotel, but I am pleased with the result.

Good luck..priceline is fun, a bit like playing the slots! :)

You did better than I did for that hotel. I bid 3* downtown and beach zones for March 11th. Couldn't get a thing for months for that date, bidding $75, I had to increase my bid to $100 and got the Radisson. For some reason, that time in March in 2005 was pretty tough to get rooms. A week later, I got the Marriott for $75 for another night between cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

I bid 4 star beach area $85 for our pre cruise hotel on priceline and we got the Bahia Mar hotel. looks like a nice hotel across the street from the beach and close to the cruise port.We are sailing on the 3rd of Dec on Princess line

I've been bidding $90 for 4* beach and downtown for Dec 2nd with no luck yet, but we still have plenty of time. We have a back up Holiday Inn room so we'll continue to go with this price and see if we get lucky! Good luck

if you check out biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com they will help you get an idea of what hotels are being won in what categories and for how much. This will help you narrow down the selections and sometimes tell you what you will more than likely get, however there is never a guarantee that is what you will get.

First of all, thanks to everyone who's so generous with their experience and advice, it sure is helpful for us newbies!

We're looking for a one night stay, Sept. 9, pre-cruise. Based on all the posts I've been reading, I'm tending toward the Marriott Marina or the Renaissance (the Embassy Suites would be fine, but it sounds like it hasn't been "awarded" lately).

My main concern is this. We're flying in and like most are depending on shuttles to get from airport to hotel to cruiseport. Do most if not all hotels on Priceline have shuttles? I plan on bidding at least 3* and most likely 4* and since we're in the off season, I think we'll be able to get a pretty good deal.

I just don't want to get stuck with some bizarre hotel that's never heard the word shuttle!!! Of course, we always can take a taxi if needed, so it isn't the end of the world, but I was curious what I was getting myself into with Priceline.

Thanks,

Gail

I see you are going on the Zuiderdam, you will love her. I sailed her back in March with friends and we had an absolute blast.

Before using priceline, please read these two web sites on how priceline works: http://www.biddingforfun.com and http://www.biddingfortravel.com both are a wealth of information about priceline.

As far as your hotel and using priceline. I always bid 3* downtown and when doing this I have received the Marriott, which I have to say is my favorite hotel. Once I had to add the beach zone in there since time was drawing near and I hadn't been awarded a hotel. In that case, I received the Radisson.

Now the Radisson did not have any shuttles, we took 2 taxi's from the airport to the hotel and then the bellman at the hotel arranged for a van to take all 5 of us to the pier the next day.

The Marriott does not have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but does have a shuttle from the hotel to the pier. The cab fare from the airport to the hotel should run you about $13 per cab.

Don't be caught up in the shuttles, everything is so close in Ft. Lauderdale that a cab ride is never more than $10 - $15.

Go for it and bid 3* downtown and you will probably get the Marriott, but remember, its never guaranteed. Good luck to you and have a great time on the Zuiderdam.

Thanks doone!

I think that's what I have to remember, everything is so close by and its not like they're not used to dealing with cruise departures! Taxi's should be plentiful if there aren't any shuttles at the hotel.

Gail

PS I have checked out the 2 sites you mentioned for hints on bidding on Priceline, VERY helpful!

Your welcome. We absolutely loved the Zuiderdam and the crew and staff were awesome. We had a wonderful time and I am sure you will as well.

Come over to the HAL boards if you have any specific questions about HAL and/or the Zuiderdam.

Please let us know how you make out if you decide to use priceline for your pre-cruise stay. I have become addicted to priceline since my first bid was accepted. Good luck.

I've been on the HAL boards for a little while and have posted a couple times here and there! We do have a small group on the roll call for our date (9/10). They're being very kind to the newbie!!

There's also a Sleep Inn near the beach that has a pretty nice web price that is looking attractive and comes recommended by a few members, so we'll see how it plays out...so many options! :D At least I'm not stressing about shuttles anymore - LOL! And if we take the "plunge" on Priceline, I'll probably become addicted too- it's just the unknown right now.

Take care,

Gail

Great, good for you. Priceline is addicting once you take the plunge. I was very leary about it and it took me about a year or so to give it a try, now I am hooked.

First cruise, well you know now you're going to be hooked on cruising as well. Your going to love the Zuiderdam, she's spectacular. And don't forget the bread pudding served each afternoon in the Lido. When you see it, get it, it goes quickly once everyone knows it out there.

Do you think it is too early to be bidding for April '06. We need a one night stay pre-cruise however, that one night is Easter Sunday. Wondering, do I book it early or wait till later?

I would book a room you can cancel and try bidding once a week or so. What price range would you like to stay within?

Archived