Bucket of Beer

resq2u

Can anyone tell me what the cost is for what they call the bucket of beer on board ? I heard it was 4 beers on ice in a bucket ? Would it be cheaper to buy draft? I heard the Red Frog sells draft ? Any help appreciated..And Carnival if you are reading this PLEASE announce the CHEERS program on the Fantasy by Dec 25...THANKS

With gratuity it comes to about $24 for four bottles of beer. It's a little expensive but worth it I think. If you drink them quick you don't have to worry about them getting warm and the drink person is usually passing by about the time you are finished!

Can anyone tell me what the cost is for what they call the bucket of beer on board ? I heard it was 4 beers on ice in a bucket ? Would it be cheaper to buy draft? I heard the Red Frog sells draft ? Any help appreciated..And Carnival if you are reading this PLEASE announce the CHEERS program on the Fantasy by Dec 25...THANKS

Simple formula for bucket of beers price.

pick your beer X 4 minus $2.00 plus 15% grats.

you can mix and match the beer it will still be $0.50 off each bottle/ can

Say you want 4 Fosters $6.75 X 4 +$27 - $2. {$25.} X 15% {$3.75} = $28.75

31.04 - 28.75 = 2.26 savings

Buy 3 buckets of beer and get 1 bottle/ can free with your savings, LOL

I was on the Valor this summer. I ordered a bucket of beer with blue moon. They pour each glass bottle into a tall beer shaped plastic cup. They are all open but it can be ordered. The ice in the bucket keeps the cups from falling over and spilling.

Ok so I keep reading that Fosters beer is the best value for beer on the ship..well I have never tried one before. So can anyone tell me what it tastes like compared to a Mic ultra or a bud lite or a natural lite? If it tastes similar to any of these that is a beer I can handle but if it is nasty then I don't want to waste 7$ to find out that it is gross..lol Thanks guys!!:cool:

Ok so I keep reading that Fosters beer is the best value for beer on the ship..well I have never tried one before. So can anyone tell me what it tastes like compared to a Mic ultra or a bud lite or a natural lite? If it tastes similar to any of these that is a beer I can handle but if it is nasty then I don't want to waste 7$ to find out that it is gross..lol Thanks guys!!:cool:

My husband had the Foster's for the first time on our last cruise and he loved it! I enjoyed it too although I added lime to it, yummy! It's actually a lot of beer for one person to drink before getting warm.

Foster's for me best buy on the ship.My son got a pitcher of I think bud light and it wasn't to bad.

I agree with the Fosters - you can buy a bucket for about $26.00 as apposed to $22.00 for other beer. Where it is better is Fosters are 24oz and the others are 16oz so for $4 more you are getting 32oz more. That equals 2 regular beers for $4. Makes good sense to me. My husband and I would share a beer - 12oz each and keep the others on ice until ready for the next one

I was on the Valor this summer. I ordered a bucket of beer with blue moon. They pour each glass bottle into a tall beer shaped plastic cup. They are all open but it can be ordered. The ice in the bucket keeps the cups from falling over and spilling.

Last spring on the Pride if you ordered a bucket of bottles in the sports bar they would give you the unopened bottles. But on lido deck they would give you the plastic bottles. You are not allowed glass around the pools.

Wow!! My wife and I are sailing this December 29th, for my birthday, on the Carnival "Dream", and will be touring the Eastern Carribean(Nassau, St Tomas, St Marrten). We are definitely not looking at purchasing a $24 bucket of beer on the ship, but instead are going to spend our money on liquior instead, especially if they are going to "stick it" to us on the price of drinks, as well as the daily cost of having our car parked during our cruise!

Wow!! My wife and I are sailing this December 29th, for my birthday, on the Carnival "Dream", and are touring the Eastern Carribean(Nassau, St Tomas, St Marrten). We are definitely not looking at purchasing a $24 bucket of beer on the ship, but instead are going to spend our money on liquior instead, especially if they are going to "stick it" to us on the price of drinks, as well as the daily cost of having our car parked during our cruise!

I will trade you 1 air fare from Northern Ontario ($835.00) for your parking and booze and throw in some chocolate strawberries and dinner at the Steakhouse and.........A bucket of beer to us is a :eek:drop in the bucket:eek: ha ha

From our NCL cruise in September:

NCL-1.jpg

NCL2.jpg

OOPS...my bad :eek:! I probably drank too many buckets to remember. I just knew you got a free one and even with buying 5, getting one free is a better deal than .50 off each one. :p

Hmm ok now ya got me wondering whats the cost of plain old Budwiser on the Legend?? 6.75 for a fosters sound pretty high to me.

Domestic: Blue Moon 12oz - $4.95 Bud/Bud Light 16oz - $5.75 Bud Light Lime 16oz - $6.25 Coors Light 16oz - $5.75 Michelob Ultra 16oz - $5.75 Miller Lite 16oz - $5.75 ThirstyFrog Red: 20oz - $5.75 (draught) 60oz pitcher - $15.75 (draught) 101oz beer tube - $25.75 (draught)

Non Alcoholic: Buckler 12oz - $3.95

Malt Beverage: Smirnoff Ice 12oz - $5.75

Import: Amstel Reg/Lite 12oz - $4.95 Bass Ale 12oz - $4.95 Beck's 12oz - $4.95 Boddingtons 16oz - $5.95 Corona/Corona Light 12oz - $4.95 Dos Equis 12oz - $4.95 Fosters 25oz - $6.75 Grolsch 16oz - $5.95 Guinness Pub Draught 16oz - $5.95 Heineken 11oz - $4.95 Molson 12oz - $4.95 Pilsner Urquell 12oz - $4.95 Stella Artois 12oz - $4.95

I will trade you 1 air fare from Northern Ontario ($835.00) for your parking and booze and throw in some chocolate strawberries and dinner at the Steakhouse and.........A bucket of beer to us is a :eek:drop in the bucket:eek: ha ha

:) The first time I cruised, I thought the drinks were WAY overpriced. But then I realized I pay the same amount for beer at concerts, auto races...etc.

I don't even worry about it anymore. I just want the CHEERS program on the Freedom before Feb. 23, but if not, I'll pay $6 for my BudLight! LOL

Domestic: Blue Moon 12oz - $4.95 Bud/Bud Light 16oz - $5.75 Bud Light Lime 16oz - $6.25 Coors Light 16oz - $5.75 Michelob Ultra 16oz - $5.75 Miller Lite 16oz - $5.75 ThirstyFrog Red: 20oz - $5.75 (draught) 60oz pitcher - $15.75 (draught) 101oz beer tube - $25.75 (draught)

Non Alcoholic: Buckler 12oz - $3.95

Malt Beverage: Smirnoff Ice 12oz - $5.75

Import: Amstel Reg/Lite 12oz - $4.95 Bass Ale 12oz - $4.95 Beck's 12oz - $4.95 Boddingtons 16oz - $5.95 Corona/Corona Light 12oz - $4.95 Dos Equis 12oz - $4.95 Fosters 25oz - $6.75 Grolsch 16oz - $5.95 Guinness Pub Draught 16oz - $5.95 Heineken 11oz - $4.95 Molson 12oz - $4.95 Pilsner Urquell 12oz - $4.95 Stella Artois 12oz - $4.95

I was so hoping to see BudLight Platinum on the list now! But the 101 oz beer tube is the best buy. However, I do suggest sharing. I was a dancing fool after I finished mine! :eek:

Archived