? About Epic Aft Balcony Room 8210?

Kssafrg

Hi,

In all the diagrams for the Aft Balcony room 8210 it shows that there is a weird pipe-shaped cutout along the left side of the room. We have been told by Norweigan that they either

A) Don't know what this is... or B) it isn't there and all the rooms are exactly the same.

Has anyone been in the room or is going to be in this room and can tell us if it is the same as the others or is it like missing the shower or something important?

Thanks, Kate

1136823710_aftroom8210.jpg.ecbe912aa65b617bcee665fda1792ac7.jpg

Just a guess here :) I googled and found this picture of the balcony of 8210 and wonder if it's some sort of storage space beside your cabin for the apparatus shown through the plexiglass - maybe crew's window washing equipment?:

Balcony.JPG

I don't know if it's always out (so you have to look at it throughout your cruise) or is usually put away. Hopefully someone who really knows can tell us both. :D

Edited by SeaHunt

Nevermind my guess was wrong (as usual LOL). Poster Single Cruiser previously posted a nice picture of the aft that shows that the apparatus I thought might have something to do with that space on the deck plan, wouldn't.

5803218045_b3e4c1ddaf_b.jpg

Oh well, I tried. ;) Anyone else?

Ah Ha! The mystery is solved thanks to Coka! OP I'm sure you already saw this reply on the other thread, but I thought I'd post it here too in case someone didn't:

I can answer your question. The blank spot is a secret stairway! The public can use it but nobody knows about it. I was in cabin 8213 and I used it more than the others. Also know your balcony is a bit bigger than the others. Yours and cabin 8211 on the opposite side. Enjoy your cruise!

coka

Great picture! And thanks for the info on the stairs. That explains what it is.

But in the diagrams, it intrudes into the cabin in a circle shape. It is the only cabin to have

this area missing and that is the part we are wondering about.

What is missing, if anything, from the room. I included

the diagram but its small.

Thanks.

The balcony's on all the aft port and starboard cabins are about 2 ft wider than the others and there is nothing missing. I did 12310 on 2013 Eastbound to Barcelona and no wind and spectacular sunsets all the way! I even brought my travel hammock and because the balcony is wider I hung it diagonally and was envy of ship and was the most relaxing cruise I have ever experienced. Just booked 17 day westbound on Epic from Rome as solo in Studio. If I could afford to pay double price of Studio I would do Aft Balcony in heart beat! Hope you enjoy your aft balcony!:)

p.s Also having the end aft balcony you have quick access to star way that connects all levels and provides great views on side of ship which was spectacular as we traversed the Straits of Gibralter. Also, if you like Spa's, EPIC is the best on the sea so buy a spa pass the first day (they only issue limited amount) and well worth the money! Enjoy!

Edited by Travelguy101

The balcony's on all the aft port and starboard cabins are about 2 ft wider than the others and there is nothing missing. I did 12310 on 2013 Eastbound to Barcelona and no wind and spectacular sunsets all the way! I even brought my travel hammock and because the balcony is wider I hung it diagonally and was envy of ship and was the most relaxing cruise I have ever experienced. Just booked 17 day westbound on Epic from Rome as solo in Studio. If I could afford to pay double price of Studio I would do Aft Balcony in heart beat! Hope you enjoy your aft balcony!:)

p.s Also having the end aft balcony you have quick access to star way that connects all levels and provides great views on side of ship which was spectacular as we traversed the Straits of Gibralter. Also, if you like Spa's, EPIC is the best on the sea so buy a spa pass the first day (they only issue limited amount) and well worth the money! Enjoy!

May I inquire where you found a travel hammock? This would be a great Christmas gift for my husband.

I've booked Epic 12310 for 12-7-13 and now I have to find a hammock! Thanks for the tip!!!

Hi,

I made a mistake typing and was on the April 2012 Miami to Barcelona and I have now book the westbound from Rome to Miami for next year. I start out booking the Studio as I am a solo traveler but soon upgraded to Aft Balcony because I wanted a more spectacular experience and was not disappointed. I recommend the higher level for less noise from the prop wash (still pretty loud from level 12 but put we right to sleep. Some minor vibrations at times to all in all incredible experience.

Travel hammock was purchased from REI and was around $40 bucks. Bring some sturdy nylon cord and you can adjust tying to the side wall post diagonally to the railing. With the larger end balconies there was still plenty of room for 2 chairs and table.

Hope you have a great cruise experience. I love the Epic and my first trip will be hard to beat (only maybe 2/3 ful due to last minute corporate cancellation) so got plenty of crew attention. To much walking by the empty blackjack tables. Kind of felt sorry since they work most for commission.

• 3 years later...