Taxi from Coconut Grove to Port

bmckim

I remember 30ish

not signifactly different from down town

we always stay in the Grove if we do a 'day b4' stay

(search well and you can find what we did last trip - 2 BR condo in a high rise, 1 block off the strip for $100 a nite .... regular price $400 a nite)

I remember 30ish

(search well and you can find what we did last trip - 2 BR condo in a high rise, 1 block off the strip for $100 a nite .... regular price $400 a nite)

Thanks! We got an amazing rate at The Ritz Carlton. Great way to kick off our Honeymoon!

I remember 30ish

Cappy, spot on, usually $30-$35 from the Grove to downtown. However, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but traffic is significant on the most direct route from the Grove to downtown during the marathon.

A good cabbie (few and far in between) will know how to navigate the other direction, but the meter is sure to hit the $40-50 range.

A bad cabbie (in extra supply down here) will get himself trapped in the street closures.

I can't think of any options here other than get downtown a little later when the street closures lift.

I apologize for the marathon runners out there, I know its great fun, but I wish they would hold the race at midnight or out in the Everglades :eek:

I can't think of any options here other than get downtown a little later when the street closures lift.

I apologize for the marathon runners out there, I know its great fun, but I wish they would hold the race at midnight or out in the Everglades :eek:

Would it make any sense to go to the train station and take a train downtown, then a cab from there? Or does that seem counterproductive?

I had thought of giving you the advice of taking the MetroRail. It would require a short bus connection (C. Grove Circulator). Thats a small bus- not luggage friendly at all.

Then you are kinda in the same scenario in downtown. Finding a cab, etc.

I think the best advice is plan for a late departure to the Port leave at 1-2PM. USUALLY traffic normalizes by then.

I could think of worse things than spending the morning lounging around the Grove.

On a side note, make sure to take a tour of the Barnacle House in the Grove. Friday through Monday at 10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Its $3 and will give you a good feel of what our pioneers went through to establish this city.

Also, don't miss the raw bar at Monty's during Happy Hour, AWESOME deals on Stone Crabs right at the marina.

Archived