captain's suite - glory

pansieFL

I think you are confused. According to what I am reading, the Captain suite is 275 sq ft where as the grand suite is 345 sq ft. Balcony show CS as 52 sq ft and GS as 85 sq ft.

Looks like you are getting smaller in size for accommodations...

This info is from cruise cheap. . Com

I think you are confused. According to what I am reading, the Captain suite is 275 sq ft where as the grand suite is 345 sq ft. Balcony show CS as 52 sq ft and GS as 85 sq ft.

That's not correct. The Captain's Suite on Carnival Glory is 582 sq ft for the bedroom and living area, and 258 sq feet for the balcony. Those dimensions are closer to the Junior Suite or Ocean Suite, which are the step below Grand Suite and Captain's Suite.

These sizes are from the CCL resource centre here. Hope this helps :)

I found the following info from a previous post http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1718373

The “CS” category consists of two Captain’s Suites. The Carnival Liberty and the Carnival Valor are the only ships at this time to have this type of suite.

Suite 9202 (on the Port side) and 9203 (on the Starboard side) will feature a brand new stateroom configuration, encompassing more than 806 square feet (approximately 548 interior/258 exterior) and accommodating up to five guests.

The Captain’s Suite features an expansive living area, a separate bedroom and a large balcony.

Living area (approximately 340 square feet)

· Floor-to-Ceiling windows facing forward

Sofa (double sofabed), armchair and coffee table

Sofa table with two stools

1 lower Pullman

Flat-screen TV

Telephone

Mini Bar

110 AC current

Individual climate control

Full bathroom with sink, toilet and shower

Separate bedroom (approximately 208 square feet)

Twin/King beds with Carnival Comfort bed sleep system

Flat-screen TV

Telephone

Full bathroom with sink, toilet and full-size bathtub with whirlpool jets/hand-held shower spray

Large walk-in closet wardrobe

Balcony (approximately 258 square feet)

3 lounge chairs, 2 patio chairs and table

The balcony rail is glass; the side facing forward has a glass wind guard floor-to-ceiling

There is a roof covering the entire balcony

The above says it is for the Liberty and Valor, not Glory.

I am sure someone who has stayed in it will let us know...

Looked at the deck plans for "Glory" and it definitely has the two Captains Suites as well. They look to be the same size as mentioned in my previous post.

On a recent B2B on the Liberty I was able to take a look at the "Captain's" suite during the "between cruise dead-time" and while the room is drop-dead gorgeous, with floor to ceiling windows, leather couches and 50" flat screen TV's, I had the following thoughts about the balconies:

• One of the larger balconies (150 sq/ft?), but I think the aft-wrap balconies may have more square footage.
  • Great views as you are above the bridge and can see the entire length of the ship with a true 270 degree sweep of the horizon.
  • No shade at all as there is no overhang.
  • No privacy! As these balconies protrude over the side of the ship, people on the Panorama deck can pretty much stare straight down at you.
  • These balconies had glass partitions going up eight feet or so on the forward side. From that I'm guessing they must be pretty windy, but that's just a guess.

I just reviewed the dozen or so pictures I took during my exclusive look and if the Glory suites are like the Liberty ones, you got a great deal. Enjoy your cruise!

Captain’s Suites – Category CS

Carnival Valor / Carnival Conquest / Carnival Glory

9202 9203

Stateroom dimension: 548 square feet (bedroom = 208 sq ft / living area = 340 sq ft)

Balcony dimension: 258 square feet

Total: 806 square feet

The Captain’s Suites feature a separate bedroom, expansive living area and large balcony.

• 110 AC current
  • Individual climate control
  • Separate Bedroom

Twin/King beds with Carnival Comfort Bed Sleep System

Flat Screen-TV with remote control

Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV

Telephone

Full bathroom with single sink, toilet and full-size whirlpool tub/shower

Large walk-in wardrobe closet

Hair dryer

Safe

• Living Area

Floor-to-Ceiling windows in living area facing forward

L-shaped sofa (double sofabed for 3rd and 4th guests), coffee table and armchair

1 lower pullman (single bed for 5th guest)

Sofa table and 2 stools

Mini Bar

Flat Screen-TV with remote control

Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV

Telephone

Full bathroom with single sink, toilet and shower

• Balcony: 3 lounge chairs, 2 patio chairs and table
  • The balcony rail has glass panels
  • Smoking is not permitted in the suites; guests may smoke (cigarettes/cigars/tobacco pipes) on the balconies.

I saw the same info on another site...........well you can't believe everything on the web and it could be a mistake. Perhaps a call from the OP to Carnival would be a good idea.

I just snagged the captains suite for the price of an early saver grand suite - i think i lucked out but could be wrong :D

Best bit - family has no clue LOL

So any info on this room? Good, bad, anything would be great!

Do you have to share it with the Captain? If not, where is he going to sleep? ;)

The above says it is for the Liberty and Valor, not Glory.

I am sure someone who has stayed in it will let us know...

The link I posted above was for Carnival's travel agent site. I think you can trust that it's accurate and that the Glory does have a Captain's Suite as described.

On a recent B2B on the Liberty

[*]One of the larger balconies (150 sq/ft?), but I think the aft-wrap balconies may have more square footage.

[*]Great views as you are above the bridge and can see the entire length of the ship with a true 270 degree sweep of the horizon.

[*]No shade at all as there is no overhang.

[*]No privacy! As these balconies protrude over the side of the ship, people on the Panorama deck can pretty much stare straight down at you.

[*]These balconies had glass partitions going up eight feet or so on the forward side. From that I'm guessing they must be pretty windy, but that's just a guess

The one I was in on the glory had a roof on the balcony, with the front covered in glass (for wind). Not overly windy, and reasonably private (except from the neighbouring junior site balcony, which is actually how I got my invite in. My parents chatted with their capt suite neighbours).

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Archived