Intercontinental

chrischill

For our pre-cruise for Easter weekend last year, I payed $135pn. I think you got a good deal. It's a great hotel, with terrific pools, a decent beach, spa, good restuarants. If you can, request a room that is not facing the street- some traffic noise and airplanes approaching the airport- other than that it's great.

I just booked 6 nights post cruise at the InterContinental for after our April 06 Serenade cruise. We have 2 rooms since I have 2 kids, 12 and 7 and my mom. The cheapest price I got was the gov’t rate, which we qualify for of $195. I’m arriving the day before Easter and staying until the Friday after. I would normally expect to pay this amount for the InterContinental but after seeing that so many others have gotten cheaper (not including Priceline) I’m wondering if my price has to do with the Easter holiday, although I am sure it does. Either way, the property, on line, looks very nice and just what we will want/need after our port intensive cruise. Just to relax at the pool and beach in a nice, clean hotel.

I just booked 6 nights post cruise at the InterContinental for after our April 06 Serenade cruise. We have 2 rooms since I have 2 kids, 12 and 7 and my mom. The cheapest price I got was the gov’t rate, which we qualify for of $195. I’m arriving the day before Easter and staying until the Friday after. I would normally expect to pay this amount for the InterContinental but after seeing that so many others have gotten cheaper (not including Priceline) I’m wondering if my price has to do with the Easter holiday, although I am sure it does. Either way, the property, on line, looks very nice and just what we will want/need after our port intensive cruise. Just to relax at the pool and beach in a nice, clean hotel.

We qualify for that rate as well, but I have often found that it is higher for some reason. I would try to book using another alternative to find a cheaper rate and then cancel that booking to save.

CreoleGirl,

Thank you. So far, that was the cheapest rate. I asked for Manager’s Special, AAA and AARP (which my mom would qualify for).

I’ve looked on other hotel broker internet sites and I don’t see anything cheaper for my dates.

Can you recommend somewhere else to look.

MyImagination

Goodness, what are you saying? Is the surrounding area of the InterContinental not a great place to be?

This looked like a great place to “relax” after our port intensive cruise. Please let me know.

Thank you all that can help

Archived