Crown-A lot of Medical issues this cruise

vandalayceo

I too donate regularly at our local hospital. Last Feb. while on a Panama Canal cruise, my mother became seriously ill and needed blood. While many people volunteered, only those with donor cards were accepted. When I returned home, I asked the nurse at the hospital why I never received a donor card. Her reply was that it was only done by the American Red Cross after a blood donation. I have also asked friends who have donated and they have not received cards either, except for those donating to Red Cross. (Princess did let me donate as a family member, but it was not enough for mom. We were disembarked the 3 day in Cabo where she passed 4 days later.)

I should get my DH to donate through Red Cross and get a card. He always likes to help out when he can.

Last day of 20 on Crown Trans Atlantic Venice to Galveston. A

lot more than usual medical issues.

Noro virus restrictions in place for over 10 days-now lifted.

About a week ago heard a "code alpha" annoncement. Next day learned a passenger had died of a heart attck in Da Vinci dining room.

3 days ago an announcement asking for blood donors of a certain type. Next day Captain said they had great respose and passenger doing well.

Today Captain announced we had changed couse somewhat to rendevous with a Coast Guard helicopter to evacuate a passenger- don't know if the same one that required blood.

We all watched helicopter procedure from top decks, really interesting how it's done. Captain reported it was very succesful and passenger on way to New Orleans.

My wife and I were on that 20 T/A cruise. On the second day of this cruise the sewage pipes on deck 8 beneath our cabin became blocked. The repairs took 12 days and it appeared passengers in the 500 and 600 block of rooms had to be moved. My question is what if any compensation has been offered to any of these passengers or passengers on the deck above that had to endure 12 days of sawing, hammering and other noise? We were offered 285.00 each.

This brings up another thought. When I saw the extent of the work being done I noticed that the pipes being worked on were leaking and buckets were in place to catch the sewage. The was no decontamination area for workers coming and going from this area. I think that this was the cause of the prolonged noro virus on the ship. When the work was done all the carpet in this area had to be replaced.

Archived