Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

I have been following your pictorial review as we will be sailing on the Radiance in 2014 on a itinerary. You have given me many ideas for excursions and I have loved seeing your photos. We did a circumnavigation of Australia a few years ago on the Rhapsody and we tried Kangaroo. I did not care for it.

Thank you so much for the time & effort that you have put into this and for sharing with us

:)

Cottagemama

I have been following your pictorial review as we will be sailing on the Radiance in 2014 on a itinerary. You have given me many ideas for excursions and I have loved seeing your photos. We did a circumnavigation of Australia a few years ago on the Rhapsody and we tried Kangaroo. I did not care for it.

Thank you so much for the time & effort that you have put into this and for sharing with us

:)

Cottagemama

Thanks for your note. Glad that you are liking the review.

Happy New Year!

Day 12 morning was our Dreamworks breakfast. You must pre-register for this as seats are limited. 7:45am was the allocated time. A line had already formed. We were seated quite quickly. That morning, we had Po the Panda, Skipper Penguin as well as Fiona (partner of Shrek). Similar to our June cruise, they had 3 characters. You wouldn’t know in advance which of these characters would come out during the Dreamworks breakfast.

2pzcsig.jpg

Captain’s Corner this morning, 1030 at La Scala. The place was quite full. The talk started promptly and lasted all the way till noon. There were many good questions. On stage were (from Left) the Chief Engineer, the Environmental Officer, the Captain and the Hotel Director.

2nbsm0j.jpg

We take one adapter and a power board/strip, which helps charge more than one item. You can also charge many items like phones with usb cables from your laptop. We also take a suction cup pegless clothesline for drying out the smalls we wash regularly in the shower/bath. The clothesline in the shower in a cabin with no bath is very short. The one if you have a bath is a reasonable size.

I would like to say that many tours take you away from Tauranga to Rotarua - which is a lovely place - but as you have shown, 1.5 hours each way, but if you go over to the other side of where the wharf is you have Mount Manganui which is a very long beautiful white beach, with heaps of shops and cafes. We have driven the length of the beach right up to Papamoa, and it takes a very long time! If you want a day swimming and sunbaking there is heaps of quiet beach are where there is just homes on the other side of the road.

picture of the beach http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/goodies63/jan20122072_zps6dd23cd5.jpg

We stayed in an apartment once near where the ships stop at Auckland and it is really very close to lots of great restaurants and cafes, museum, shops, ferries. It is a great port to stop at where you can easily catch the cheap local buses to go to things like the seafood market which has heaps of eateries of different types. The Sky Tower is in my opinion quite an uphill walk, and I struggled a bit walking up there. Auckland has some areas in the main city that have very steep streets. Plenty of areas to walk where it is not so bad though. When you leave the ship, I would recommend going for a look to the right side, whereas the natural flow from leaving the ship seems to steer you more to the left.

I loved your pics of the penguins, we haven't been to the underwater place, and must do that another time.