handicap cruisers celebrity soltice alaska 6/14/103

cruiser5809

Hi-- the best place to meet your fellow cruisers is to go to the "Roll-Call" for your cruise--just go to Roll-Calls and scroll until you find your sailing. There you will find fellow passengers to chat with and possibly hook up with for trnsfers, excursions etc. Also, don't forget to sign up for the Cruise Critic Connections Party where you will meet fellow Captain's Club members. These Forums are for asking questions and getting information.

Happy Cruising

Elise:)

Hi-- the best place to meet your fellow cruisers is to go to the "Roll-Call" for your cruise--just go to Roll-Calls and scroll until you find your sailing. There you will find fellow passengers to chat with and possibly hook up with for trnsfers, excursions etc. Also, don't forget to sign up for the Cruise Critic Connections Party where you will meet fellow Captain's Club members. These Forums are for asking questions and getting information.

Happy Cruising

Elise:)

what is captains club? I found there is no Party on our cruise. Solstice 6/14/13 to Alaska.

We are booking this cruise today (yay!), traveling with my husband's parents. While none of us have mobility issues, I have a profound hearing loss and my FIL has a milder hearing loss.

We've been on the Solstice before (May 2010) in which I was promised an FM system for being able to hear the shows. When I was sent to the purser's desk, they knew nothing about any device. After waiting about 1/2 hour, in which time the poor crew members were frantically trying to figure it all out, they said it would be waiting at the theater for me. When I arrived at the theater, no one knew what I was talking about. Ha! I don't think Celebrity Solstice has a lot of experience with hearing loss cruisers. Eventually, after the show actually started, I was give an FM device.

I'm hoping that things are a little more evolved in the past 3 years and that the ship is more accessible. If assistive devices are not available, then at least allow those with hearing/vision problems to be able to sit close.

I'm getting excited already.....6 more months to wait! Look forward to meeting my fellow cruisers too!

~ Shari

Here's the link to your roll call. Just click on the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1599612

So far, there's not much activity on your roll call.

Captain's Club is for those who've cruised Celebrity at least one time. If this is your first time on Celebrity, you're not a Captain's Club member. But you can converse with those on your cruise by clicking on the link above.

We are booking this cruise today (yay!), traveling with my husband's parents. While none of us have mobility issues, I have a profound hearing loss and my FIL has a milder hearing loss.

We've been on the Solstice before (May 2010) in which I was promised an FM system for being able to hear the shows. When I was sent to the purser's desk, they knew nothing about any device. After waiting about 1/2 hour, in which time the poor crew members were frantically trying to figure it all out, they said it would be waiting at the theater for me. When I arrived at the theater, no one knew what I was talking about. Ha! I don't think Celebrity Solstice has a lot of experience with hearing loss cruisers. Eventually, after the show actually started, I was give an FM device.

I'm hoping that things are a little more evolved in the past 3 years and that the ship is more accessible. If assistive devices are not available, then at least allow those with hearing/vision problems to be able to sit close.

I'm getting excited already.....6 more months to wait! Look forward to meeting my fellow cruisers too!

~ Shari

Shari, My husband and I are firsttime cruisers. i HOPE EVERYTHING GOES smoothly. We both have MS. We hope to meet you on the ship. Thjanks for responding.

Nancy

Nancy, we'd love to meet you and your husband. We'll be traveling with my in-laws (hubby's parents).

We've been on at least 8 cruises and have seen many, many in wheelchairs and using assistive mobility devices. It seems to be a very popular way to travel for people who have disabilities, that is....other than hearing loss, haha. The crew has always been super helpful to those around us who needed assistance. They must receive quite a bit of training in how to help passengers with disabilities.

Because my DH's parents are older, any excursions we do will be up to them, and I'm sure they will be the ones that are marked "mild". I love excursions, but I think I might be equally happy being shipbound the entire week :) I just LOVE being on a cruiseship.

Hopefully our cruise will have a party for Cruise Critic members. We always have in the past, and if I remember correctly, it isn't announced until closer to the date of sail.

6 more months to wait! AAAHHHH!!! :)

~ Shari

Archived