Carnival website...

SlingBlade

How in the world are you suppose to fill out your cruise documents when you cant even get the website to work? :confused: We leave in less than 2 weeks & everytime I sit down to fill the documents out , Carnival's website isnt working.:mad:

How in the world are you suppose to fill out your cruise documents when you cant even get the website to work? :confused: We leave in less than 2 weeks & everytime I sit down to fill the documents out , Carnival's website isnt working.:mad:

Yeah, it's not working correctly. I tried Firefox and Safari, and both lock up on Carnivals main page.

I have been having different issues throughout the website as well. Many bugs that need to be worked out! Today, for example, I was doing online check-in. When I got to pre-cruise hotel on the check in/check out date. Our cruise is March 31st. I put we are checking in March 30 and checking out March 31. It kept giving me an error saying check out must be before or on date of cruise???

I have also had issues with links working sometimes and others they don't:(

Aren't computers and the Internet wonderful? :D

Lot's of good advice above. Of course, there could be issues at the user's end (cache, cookies, etc.), however, it's a pain in the neck dealing with all these browsers.

When I design a web site I test it across 5 browsers (IE, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera). IE always gives me the most hassle.

Personally, I use Google Chrome (switched from Firefox) and I am extremely pleased.

There's no one solution here. It is either at the user's end or the web site's end. Roll the dice! If it is at the web site's end, try a new browser, heck, I have 5 installed!

I have been having different issues throughout the website as well. Many bugs that need to be worked out! Today, for example, I was doing online check-in. When I got to pre-cruise hotel on the check in/check out date. Our cruise is March 31st. I put we are checking in March 30 and checking out March 31. It kept giving me an error saying check out must be before or on date of cruise???

Hi, I had the same problem the last time, Feb. 2012, and on my current cruise docs. I called Carnival, and I was told to just say "No" to the Hotel and it will let you go on. They said they don't really need your hotel info. I would have thought it would have been fixed by now, however...

When I'm using Firefox I can't get past the home page on Carnival's website. But when I use Internet Explorer it works just fine. The issue with the hotel check-out date has been going on for months. You have to enter the date BEFORE the cruise departure date as your hotel check-out date even though it makes no sense.

The hotel check out date has been doing that for quite a while...maybe a year or so ( I know it did it when I was checking in for April 2012 and Dec 2012 cruises). Just change the dates for your hotel stay to one day earlier and it will work. I've never really understood why Carnival needs to know where you are staying BEFORE the cruise...but, it's an easy fix to bypass that issue. Now, other issues with Carnival's website, I have no idea how to bypass.

You would think a company as large as Carnival would have a decent IT department.

Funny - I had no problem putting in my hotel dates properly. I did my check-in the other day. I did, however; have problems everytime I had to put in a phone number. Finally got it done

I like Chrome as well and use it often. Interestingly, I have found that Carnival website only works properly for me when I use IE.

The problem I am having is posting on the forum's. It lets me type the message then when I go to click the "post" button, it doesn't work. It's like clicking on nothing. Everything else seems to work fine except that and it has been like that for months. I use IE, tried Chrome and IMHO it is terrible.

Tried to get into my documents 3 or 4 times over the past few weeks on Chrome... each time hitting a loop where the site would not let me continue. Used Chrome last night in the wee hours and BAM;) Same machine- same browser- more cookies in this thing than a Harry and David's Christmas box.

The problem I am having is posting on the forum's. It lets me type the message then when I go to click the "post" button, it doesn't work. It's like clicking on nothing. Everything else seems to work fine except that and it has been like that for months. I use IE, tried Chrome and IMHO it is terrible.

I was having the same problem but I fuond that if I go through each tab and post from each that the post will go through. I don't know which one works but it does not double post.

I was having the same problem but I fuond that if I go through each tab and post from each that the post will go through. I don't know which one works but it does not double post.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by going through each tab. I find my roll call (which is lifeless at the moment), click on the "post reply" tab in the upper right hand corner. I type my message and then click on the "post message" tab and nothing happens. Just tried it again, and still nothing.:confused: Thank you for your help.:D

Archived