Need help Allure Cabana reservations

Goes211

Hello all =) hoping for a little advice here...we have just booked our 4th RC cruise for Aug 25, 2013 and are a group of 10 this time. DH and I have booked a Grande Suite and the grandparent/kids have balcony rooms close by. I see that the Barefoot cabanas are available for rental now and know that they go quickly, but I can't seem to secure one online...? I called RC cause we booked thru them, but she tried to tell me that the cost is $225.00 PER PERSON??? I did rent a cabana on our June Allure sailing this year and the cost was for the whole Cabana up to 6 people....? I know the price increased, but shouldn't RC personnel at the very least, know the cost structure.....? Also.....why can't she book one for me?

The price is for the cabana, not per person ! Also because you have a GS you will be able to go to barefoot beach. From what I have been told, you will get an email from RC a few weeks before your sail date to see if you want to rent one. On our last Freedom cruise, we never got the email, but still were able to get one from the concierge once we were onboard.

Hello all =) hoping for a little advice here...we have just booked our 4th RC cruise for Aug 25, 2013 and are a group of 10 this time. DH and I have booked a Grande Suite and the grandparent/kids have balcony rooms close by. I see that the Barefoot cabanas are available for rental now and know that they go quickly, but I can't seem to secure one online...? I called RC cause we booked thru them, but she tried to tell me that the cost is $225.00 PER PERSON??? I did rent a cabana on our June Allure sailing this year and the cost was for the whole Cabana up to 6 people....? I know the price increased, but shouldn't RC personnel at the very least, know the cost structure.....? Also.....why can't she book one for me?

You would need 2 for 10 people. If you go to shore excursions for your sailing, you will see that the Nellie's beach cabanas are probably available for your sailing. These aren't the Barefoot beach cabanas that you would have access to as a suite guest. Same benefits, same cost though. EDIT: Maybe they are trying Barefoot online booking for suite guests?

You can wait and see what the concierge has to offer when the cruise gets closer or you can book Nellie's beach cabanas now. You only book one person per cabana and the cost is $225 to $250 for over the water. If you want one, or two you can book them now.

Customer service should know...but sometimes they don't. It is probably difficult to switch gears that quick, sometimes...when all of us call with different questions.

We recently reserved an OTW cabana on Nellie's beach for a cruise that isn't until Dec. 2013. They were available under shore excursions...so I booked one. :)

Thank you so much for clearing this up....I have emailed concierge on Allure with our request and reservation # and have already received a reply that he will put it in our file and contact us closer to sail date. I may go ahead and book a cabana on Nellie's for the interim as I am not picky "where" we are and need to be sure we get something ....my mom has Lupus and will need shade if she is going to come into Labadee. (It has taken us years to convince her to try cruising with us...as the "sun" is hard on her.

I do wish they were more knowledgable at RC.....I feel like CC is the only place I can go to get the "real" answers. I did argue with the girl for a few minutes that the price was not a per person charge but she would have nothing to do with my explanation and said there was nothing she could do. When she put 2 people in her system, the charge was $450 + tax??? I gave up trying to explain why it was wrong.... =(

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Allure 12-16-12. I booked a cabana on Barefoot Beach directly through the concierge. I had no problems getting one. Don't get an overwater if you want shade! The have a lot of sun exposure! Get a standard cabana on Barefoot. They are surrounded by trees and are only 25 yards from the water. The hillside cabanas are more secluded but you do need to be able to walk up steps to access them. The staff at the cabanas are so accommodating! When you get there, they already have your cabana picked. Our cruise was completely sold out and there were still several cabanas available on the day of port. All the snorkeling gear was also available for no charge! If you get the premium drink package, it also applies in the cabanas so no extra charge for beverages. :)

Archived