Radiance of the Seas in Newcastle today

Sutho

I have just been into town to get photos of the Radiance of the Seas arriving. Unfortunately it arrived ahead of schedule so I missed it coming in through the heads. It leaves at 8pm so hopefully there will be just enough light for me to capture it leaving. I hate taking photos with any ISO higher than 800 so I am hoping the weather is clear with good light.

8319457757_28b5205a3e_b.jpg

8319454893_2c4fd0daf0_b.jpg

8320512668_e774fb8581_b.jpg

8319449451_6651496db2_b.jpg

8319443153_7b9e8fd7fb_b.jpg

Very nice & clear.....

Thanks you mentioned in your thread with Solstice in Melbourne you were testing a new camera. What type did you get. You put some very creative composition shots up.

I have a video of Radiance leaving loading up to youtube at the moment. I cant embed it here but I can embed it on my own website I am building at the moment. I will post the youtube link here soon.

Thanks you mentioned in your thread with Solstice in Melbourne you were testing a new camera. What type did you get. You put some very creative composition shots up.

I have a video of Radiance leaving loading up to youtube at the moment. I cant embed it here but I can embed it on my own website I am building at the moment. I will post the youtube link here soon.

As I have never used a SLR before, I went on the side of caution and money (not wanting to overspend on my first venture).

So I got a good deal on a Nikon D3100 (yes older model but I can't tell the difference) that came with memory cards and 2 lens (18-55 & a 55-200) and bag.

Been playing around with it...even if I make errors....so I can see how different shots come out by playing with the appeture and iso setting etc etc (I also leave it on the auto sometimes).

Having fun...made a few shocking shots but thats the wonder of digital....you don't have to wait until the film develops and you can delete.

Here is the youtube link

Thanks Sutho I was onboard yesterday so it was nice to see what the ship looked like from ashore.

They cleared all the pointy end viewing decks as the pilot was leaving the ship by helicopter which was disappointing for us as we didn't get a birds eye view of leaving.

There is usually a free shuttle in. There used to be a ferry service operating from the ship but I think that idea has been scrapped. Newcastle does not have cruise ship facilities and it is unlikely it will get a terminal in the forseeable future.

Also anyone who has watched my video can you please comment on quality. I opted to record at 24fps (frames per second) oposed to 30 and am pleased with the result. It did record in full HD. I am just thinking of always leaving movide making at that setting as it is standard for screen movies and film makers are using these cameras now to film television.

Archived