15th Anniversary Cruise - Millenium

gfromftlaud

Hey guys another week has passed. With the holidays almost upon us it's gonna be 2006 soon!

Anybody else signed up in rommate share category 7 on the Infinity? Wouldn't mind maybe not having to leave my roomate to the Atlantis lottery.

I'm 40, drinker, light smoker (up on deck only), no drugs, unually in bed between 2 and 4 and back up around 10. Not looking for roomate hookup unless it happens that way.

-Chris in DC

Hi guys. Thought I'd sign in here and say hi. I'll be on the Atlantis 15th Anniversary cruise in March.

Never been on a cruise before (unless you consider "haze gray and underway" as a cruise :)) and I'm really looking forward to going to sea on my own terms.

I'm single, semi-retired, and live in Orlando. I look exactly like all of the guys in the Atlantis brochure (yeah, right ;)).

Not sure exactly what to expect on the cruise but figure I'll just try to go with the flow and see what happens. Have booked a Concierge Class ocean view stateroom with Veranda on the Sky Deck (hope this is good).

Any advice for a newbie cruiser would be appreciated - particularly on what to pack (I take it from the pictures I've seen that this is a very casual type cruise).

Thanks!

I'm curious to know what it's like to sail with Atlantis on Celebrity. I've been on Celebrity many times either with a gay group such as Pied Piper or by ourselves, but never as a full ship charter. Do they use the same staff? How different is the entertainment? Any of the same shows. Just curious. Let me know and have a good time.

David

Back from Star Princess and had a fantastic time.

Clay, didn't hear too much about the bear cruise before ours....but you can bet they will still be talking about the four boys from Ft Laud this week!

111 days till we sail!

Gary :)

Hypoxic,

Welcome to the thread. I'm sure you'll have a great time on the cruise. Search Cruise Critic for Atlantis references. There have been many reviews written on here. Especially check out Whalebone's review of the Mexican Riviera cruise last month. And over on CruiseMates dot com, Ian's review.

Also check out Atlantis Cruisers dot com. Be sure to post your picture. And from there jump to the Atlantis Group on MSN.

To answer your question- pack very casual attire.

LuvCelebrity,

To me an Atlantis cruise on a Celebrity ship is a great combination. Some things are same but Atlantis dictates the relaxed feel of the week. There is open seating at dinner and almost no dress code. And they bring in much of there own entertainment. The almost daily big dance parties on the pool deck are wonderful. You should definity try it. I'm really looking forward to the Infinity in March.

-Chris in DC

Hey Gary,

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Time is moving so fast. I just bought my plane ticket today on Spirit Airlines. Will be into Ft Lauderdale two days early on Friday evening 3/3.

-Chris in DC

Well I am very excited to go on another Atlantis Cruise. I hope that this cruise will be just as much fun as the last one. I learned a lot about myself and met some really cool people!! YEA. Let me know if your in the Chicago or St. Louis area!

-Robert

For those of you arriving ahead of time for the cruise and are looking for activities other than laying on the beach or checking out the other amenities that FLL offers, the big King Tut exhibit will be open the weekend before and after our cruise. Tickets are available throught ticketmaster. We already have ours for 1pm on Saturday....figure we ought to get a little "kulture" amongst our menz!

Clay

I am very excited to be going on my second Atlantis cruise. I went on the Mexican Riviera cruise in October 2004 with my partner of 6 years and my brother (who went with his partner). I am hoping the 15th Anniversary cruise will be the best Atlantis cruise ever. I wonder what the entertainment will be. They better pull out all the stops on this one!

Kevin

Traveled on about 7 "Straight Cruises" until I discovered Atlantis

10/04 - Mexican Riviera RCCL Radiance of The Seas

Upcoming Atlantis cruises

03/2006 - Eastern Caribbean - Celebrity Infinity

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reminder G! Unfortunately Mike had a car wreck, fractured his wrist and had to have surgery...so we haven't yet started our diet and workout program so that they will let us old fat ugly men on the boat! I guess we will just have to hope they will let us on if we promise to stay in our rooms all the time<grin>

Happy Holidays to all!

Clay

Two Things

1. Have a friend who is interested in going on this cruise, anyone know of anybody who bought a whole room and is looking for a roomate?

2. Lots of discussion on the Celebrity board about the declining state of Celebrity in general and Infinity in particular - service and food on Celebrity and wear and tear on Infinity prior to the damned refurbishing. Nothing we can do about it, but it does sorta piss me off. We were on Summit three years ago and it was beautiful, hate to think that Infinity is gonna be a dump!

Clay

Clay,

I was just on the Infinity in August for the Atlantis Alaska Cruise. I did not feel that it was in major need of refurbishing (I should know, I used to work on Carnival Cruise Lines). I can see where she needs some updating, but nothing that made me think the ship was a hunk of junk or anything the sort.

Hope this changes your thought on the ship.

Bryan.

Thanks Bryan! I am not overly worried about it...just had been excited when I thought we were going to be on the just redone Millie...and then after reading some downer posts on Infinity and X.....but hell...any day on a cruise ship is better than any day at work right?

Happy New Year!

Clay

Is it just me or were we originally scheduled to leave at 10 PM? I just looked at the Atlantis web-site and it now says 4:30. Of course, I'm happy to have more time onboard, and am also glad I booked my flight to Ft. Lauderdale for Sat, instead of Sunday! George.

Happy 2006 Guys!

Only nine more weeks till our turn for the Atlantis experience. I'm really excited to see what Rich has arranged for the Anniversay. And after being on the Constellation last year I can't wait to see the Infinity.

gschuber- Yes, you are correct, the schedule has changed. And I bet it will again before we set sail. It's totally up to cruise line based on a myriad of factors. I'm getting to Ft Lauderdale on Friday evening.

-Chris in DC

Is it just me or were we originally scheduled to leave at 10 PM? I just looked at the Atlantis web-site and it now says 4:30. Of course, I'm happy to have more time onboard, and am also glad I booked my flight to Ft. Lauderdale for Sat, instead of Sunday! George.

I just checked http://www.atlantisevents.com and it is still showing 10PM departure...where did you see it different?

Happy New Year Everybody!

Clay

I too hope that we can board early afternoon even though we have a 10pm departure.

I believe the 10pm departure is to allow for Winter Party festivities in Miami taking place Sunday afternoon. Anyway, our plan is to board as soon as possible...and get started with Vacation!

This is my first day back to work after the Holidays...and I am so over it!

Clay: Sorry to hear about Mike's accident and broken wrist...hopefully he will back to normal for the cruise. I too am going to be missing my workout schedule for a few weeks...Have a business trip to Asia starting on the 14th and will not retuen until Feb. 10. Am going to have to train double time when I get back...ugh!

Anyway...60 Days!

Gary

Archived