Bethany and Craig's Family T-Day Cruise on Liberty w/ Pics!

momonthego17

Great review and lovely family! Thanks so much for giving me my "mid-winter Caribbean fix"!!

Thanks for reading my review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will be needing to re-read my review for my "all year long Caribbean fix" since we are skipping a year from cruising. My oldest DD just got braces!:eek:

We have an L shaped extended balcony room...I'm wondering if that is what you had? My mom is also a youthful 70 something and zip lined in Roatan and luckily we were able to go to sting ray city and she kissed a sting ray!

Loved reading your review and enjoyed all your pictures. Especially the sad face girls...my husband and I always get the sad, they are kicking us off the ship, face picture. Post cruise trauma is made easier by booking another one soon!

I am looking at the Liberty for next year. Almost booked it this year, but went with the Breeze instead. So excited as we are almost there!

Hi 2 cruzen!

I'm glad you enjoyed my review! The "L" shaped room with the bed facing the balcony was unusual but we thought it seemed roomier than the regular balcony room.

My DDs are still sad that we have to wait a year to book, and then more than likely it will just be me and DH cruising for his 50th! Oh the sad looks will be even sadder:eek:!

Have a wonderful cruise on the Breeze!!

Thanks for your review. We are planning a cruise in January 2014 and we are SERIOUSLY considering the Liberty. You have a great looking family.

Hi ripjerry95!

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed my review! We were very happy with Liberty, the staff, the food and extra amenities (Guy's Burgers, Punchliner's Brunch, Towel Animal Theatre) so check Liberty out. I think you will find it a winner!

• 3 weeks later...
Enjoyed your review and pictures--we leave on the liberty this Saturday, different itinerary.

You gave me lots of ideas to keep in mind. Can't wait to try the martinis!

Hi Jan,

I am sooo envious! We are being pelted with icy rain here in SC and a cruise sounds heavenly right about now. I would say that you could share the martini tasting easily, that way you could do it again near the end of your cruise and try the ones you didn't try the first time around. Now I want to go mix myself up a Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini!

Have a great cruise!

Sunday, November 18 – Sea Day

I woke up around 6:30 so I could get in a workout at the gym. The gym was busy, but I was able to get on an elliptical right away and finished with some strength training. When I got back to our stateroom, room service had arrived (ordered the night before) and we had some coffee, juice, croissants, smoked salmon and fresh fruit out on our balcony. The skies were gray, so we kept our fingers crossed that the captain would find us some sun.

We decided to hit the Punchliner’s Brunch at 11:00 in the Golden Olympian MDR. I had Carne Y Huevos (filet mignon and over easy eggs) and Craig had Huevos Rancheros (made with shredded chicken) which were very good. We used our drink coupons to get a LI Tea for me and a Punchliner Bloody Mary for Craig. Mom and the girls were happy with their brunch choices. Dylan Madisohn was the comic that entertained us for about 7 minutes. We finished and hustled up to the Steakhouse for the cooking demo at noon. FYI, if you want to attend the cooking demo at the Steakhouse at noon, you need to be there by 11:40. It was already full so we couldn’t attend. Mom and I went to the Live Champagne Art Auction in the Hot and Cool lounge. We were a little early, so we got our bidder number and sat on the couches outside of the lounge. Now, this is on level 5, not near a pool, but guess what strolled right by us? A man with a substantial beer belly in a teal Speedo and nothing else! I’m sorry that I didn’t have my camera ready, but I didn’t want to chance my lens cracking by taking a picture. Very odd, since there were signs stating that you need to have a shirt on when not near the pools. We had a good chuckle with the other ladies who were waiting for the auction to start.

Once the doors opened, Mom and I wandered through the art selections with a half glass of champagne in hand. Some interesting pieces, but nothing I would bid on. We had two more half glasses of champagne as we watched the auction proceedings, then we repaired to our staterooms. Mom wanted a nap and I went to find the girls and Craig by the pool. We found each other and gathered Mom in time to enjoy Tea Time in the Silver MDR. Our head waiter, Yoseph was there so we had an extra good time.

We got ready for Elegant Night. I rented Craig a tux and I wiggled into my white sparkly dress. My girls looked lovely and my Mom was gorgeous.

familyformal_zps44688f59.jpg

All dressed up!

gmaandgirlies_zps582c352e.jpg

My mom and the girls

Loving your review! What a beautiful family you have!

Hi 2 cruzen!

I'm glad you enjoyed my review! The "L" shaped room with the bed facing the balcony was unusual but we thought it seemed roomier than the regular balcony room.

My DDs are still sad that we have to wait a year to book, and then more than likely it will just be me and DH cruising for his 50th! Oh the sad looks will be even sadder:eek:!

Have a wonderful cruise on the Breeze!!

We had a blast on the Breeze and ended up booking the Liberty since Carnival did away with the FCC. We have never booked so far out! You should really look at the Breeze once your daughter is out of braces. So much to do...didn't even get a Guys burger although my son had several! Ropes course was fun but the watersides were a blast! We didn't care for the actual L shaped room, felt crowded to us, but we loved the balcony. Our kids were in an inside cabin but we got them all room keys so they could access our balcony whenever they wanted. Worked out great. Thanks again for the Liberty review and pictures.

We had a blast on the Breeze and ended up booking the Liberty since Carnival did away with the FCC. We have never booked so far out! You should really look at the Breeze once your daughter is out of braces. So much to do...didn't even get a Guys burger although my son had several! Ropes course was fun but the watersides were a blast! We didn't care for the actual L shaped room, felt crowded to us, but we loved the balcony. Our kids were in an inside cabin but we got them all room keys so they could access our balcony whenever they wanted. Worked out great. Thanks again for the Liberty review and pictures.

Ooo, ropes course sounds exciting! I will check out the Breeze once I pay off my DH's 50th cruise. Gotta give the DDs something to dream about!

Great review and pictures!

Hi Coolcruise02!

Thank you for the kind words. I love writing my reviews with pics because I can relive my cruise over and over again. I'll be doing that for the next 545 days, till my next cruise, but who's counting!:eek:

Archived