Bethany and Craig's Family T-Day Cruise on Liberty w/ Pics!

momonthego17

After muster, we went to the bar at the Aft Lido pool, our appointed spot for our CC meet n greet. I chatted with GirlsCruise2011 and Perkeo. It was nice to put faces to CC names. The pool skylight was closed up so it was too stuffy to hang out. Sail away was great. The DJ played fun music that everyone tried to line dance to, the mega TV screen above the pool flashed “Adios Miami, Hello Fun!” and we watched Miami drift further away as we cruised away from port.

MomontheGo, glad to finally see your review. It was great to meet you too and I was disappointed that the skylight was closed. I would have loved to hang around a little more and meet more of the rollcall group. Next time I set up a meet & greet, I'll have to make sure its at an "outside" location.

Keep up the good work with the review. Great pics and I'm enjoying reliving the trip through your eyes.

Royal Palms is nice and our waiter came by to check on us. The water was too rough for access for me and my mom, but my youngest Sky, jumped in and twirled in the waves and the rest of us watched. We went for walks up and down the beach and came across a lovely Thanksgiving Turkey sand sculpture.

roughsurf_zps59293171.jpg

Craig jumping the waves with Cat & Sky

mommyncat_zpsd91c32b1.jpg

Bethany and Cat

forsale_zpsd31742e8.jpg

Will they take a personal check? LOL.

walk_zpse9da0427.jpg

Craig and Bethany on our walk

sandturkey_zps8f73dc42.jpg

Thanksgiving dinner ala beach!

Our taxi van came back and we rode back to the gravel parking lot port. My DDs had to buy some stuff so we shopped as we waited in line to get on the tender. Back at the stateroom, we ordered room service consisting of a chicken fajita wrap, a Rueben and a piece of cheesecake. The girls went upstairs and had Guy burgers.

Tonight was the second Elegant Night so we cleaned up, took pictures and managed to get our Christmas card photo done as well on the MDR staircase.

christmascard_zpsc5b30b88.jpg

Christmas card

The waiters danced as we stuffed ourselves with turkey. After waddling back to the cabin, we changed into comfy clothes and got seats for the show “Just Rock”. There was lots of singing and dancing, but the music selection was lame.

We tried to spend a little time before bed out on the balcony, but it was chilly.

Hi Girlscruise2011! Looks like you have another cruise scheduled (lucky you!) and I'm glad you are enjoying my review!

Its called ADDICTION...LOL! Trying to go the Southern Route this time hoping we have better weather. I'm worried about the Valor after being on the Liberty. I so loved the Liberty and would definately love to sail her again but I'm not interested in redoing our itinerary and I don't seem to have much luck in the Western. I have to wait a whole year :( but like our cruise, it will be here before you know it.

Who knows..maybe we'll sail together again :D

Its called ADDICTION...LOL! Trying to go the Southern Route this time hoping we have better weather. I'm worried about the Valor after being on the Liberty. I so loved the Liberty and would definately love to sail her again but I'm not interested in redoing our itinerary and I don't seem to have much luck in the Western. I have to wait a whole year :( but like our cruise, it will be here before you know it.

Who knows..maybe we'll sail together again :D

I looked up your next sailing and I am sooo jealous:D! I've never been to Barbados, but we went to St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts on our cruise last year on Miracle. Loved it! Check out my review in my sig.

I spent a day in St Thomas many moons ago and that was on a private sail ship. Yeah, I know I was "roughing it":rolleyes: but that was B.K. (before kids). I would love to go back.

I'm hoping to book a cruise for 2014 for me and DH for his 50th. Just waiting till more cruises open up for June to Oct 2014 (not sure what date we will travel). Maybe we will see you on that cruise!

Hi Danacat222! I'm glad that you are enjoying my review. My mom is 74. She went on all of our excursions and had a great time! Just make sure your mom has sturdy water sandals on that strap on to her feet. This way, if she does the cave tubing, The path won't bother her as much (it is long, about 45 minutes) and her water sandals won't fall off in the water or when she zips out on the zip line.

Let me know if you have other questions. Have a wonderful cruise!

Wow! Your mom looks amazing! When I saw the first pictures of the two of you together, I thought you looked like sisters and was going to comment then. Thought she might have had you at a very young age so wasn't that old...maybe late 50's or 60 and looked amazing in that age group but 74, she is incredible....and you're not too bad yourself either. It must be in the genes or you two know a secret.:D

Wow! Your mom looks amazing! When I saw the first pictures of the two of you together, I thought you looked like sisters and was going to comment then. Thought she might have had you at a very young age so wasn't that old...maybe late 50's or 60 and looked amazing in that age group but 74, she is incredible....and you're not too bad yourself either. It must be in the genes or you two know a secret.:D

That's right, it's all that good, clean living:eek: that keeps us young! Thank you for the lovely accolades and I will tell my sister, I mean mom;) what you said.

I love your review! My husband and I, and 2 other couples were on that exact cruise. We loved the Liberty! It was nice to look through your pictures and reminisce.

We LOVED the Alchemy Bar. Definitely a high light of ours. Gabor was fantastic and I don't recall the lady bartender, but she was wonderful too. We did the Martini Tasting class on the last sea day. Lots of fun!

I see you did cave tubing with CaveTubing.bz. We did as well! Our tour guide was amazing and so smart! He knew more about America and our culture and politics than we did haha.

Hi kelikea! I ordered the Spicy Chipotle Pineapple syrup online and got the Carnival recipe on line and now I'm making martinis for all my friends! The brand was Monin. Thanks for reading my review and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I looked up your next sailing and I am sooo jealous:D! I've never been to Barbados, but we went to St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts on our cruise last year on Miracle. Loved it! Check out my review in my sig.

I spent a day in St Thomas many moons ago and that was on a private sail ship. Yeah, I know I was "roughing it":rolleyes: but that was B.K. (before kids). I would love to go back.

I'm hoping to book a cruise for 2014 for me and DH for his 50th. Just waiting till more cruises open up for June to Oct 2014 (not sure what date we will travel). Maybe we will see you on that cruise!

Right now we have 4 balconies in a row booked on the Lido so it should be a good time. There is a chance my kids may not go (I know, what kid wouldn't want a free cruise, I don't get it) and if so, I'll be switching to the Feb 2, 2014 sailing to do Superbowl with some friends. I heard the itinerary is beautiful beaches so I can't wait. I'll definately check out your review to get some pointers.

Tuesday, November 20 – Belize

Belize is a tendering port, so we got ready early to have a Lido deck breakfast (eggs, bacon, fruit) so we could last the day on our cave tubing excursion. I found out via a CC member review that if you have FTTF you should gather at Guest Services to be able to get priority boarding on the tenders. At least 45 people were waiting with us, some Platinum/Diamond and many FTTF people like we were. A Carnival rep came by and announced it would be ten minutes till our tender. Then she came back and said since there were so many of us, only the first 30 could get on. The crowd grew upset as the realization that passengers who purchased excursions through Carnival were getting priority over FTTF. Fortunately, my family was able to get on the first tender, but it filled up quickly with Carnival excursion people. I don’t know if the rest of the FTTF people boarded, but I hope they did.

tender_zps007da9b0.jpg

Tendering to Belize

We found Vitalino with Cave-tubing dot bz right outside the terminal and then we walked forever to find our driver, Carlos. Then we walked even farther to get to the van. I guess this was a warm up for the hike to the cave tubing! After an hour and a half drive, we arrived at the park where everyone accesses the path to the river. We loaded up with helmets, inner tubes and life vests and proceeded down a stony path. The path was more strenuous than I thought it was going to be and thankfully, our guide carried my mom’s and Skylar’s innertubes. Craig carried Catlynne’s and I lumbered along with mine. I say lumbered because my water sock blew out about half way through the hike. My feet were feeling every lumpy stone, so I was thrilled when we arrived at the river. FYI, get those Velcro water sandals for this excursion.

belizehike_zps154ca9c8.jpg

Hiking the path to cave tubing

betterreadytocavetube_zps0d082b80.jpg

Ready for tubing

skyready_zpsd892ae18.jpg

Sky getting ready to tube

A number of groups were getting ready and I thought we might be joining them, but we remained a group of five which was nice. Carlos led us through caves with forty foot ceilings, stalactites, waterfalls and interesting rock formations.

tubing_zps4672b57c.jpg

Tubing through the caves

He made sure that we didn’t bump into rocks or get stuck in an eddy. He described points of interest and when we got to the waterfall, he made sure we all got a baptism!

waterfallbaptism_zpsa2519df2.jpg

That waterfall was cold!

You complained here that people were upset because the cruisers who had purchased Carnival excursions were getting off ahead of you. That is how it works. That is why we pay for Carnival excursions. We get priority tendering if we have early excurisions. That is the way it has been

You complained here that people were upset because the cruisers who had purchased Carnival excursions were getting off ahead of you. That is how it works. That is why we pay for Carnival excursions. We get priority tendering if we have early excurisions. That is the way it has been

I wasn't complaining, I was making an observation.

At least 45 people were waiting with us, some Platinum/Diamond and many FTTF people like we were. A Carnival rep came by and announced it would be ten minutes till our tender. Then she came back and said since there were so many of us, only the first 30 could get on. The crowd grew upset as the realization that passengers who purchased excursions through Carnival were getting priority over FTTF. Fortunately, my family was able to get on the first tender, but it filled up quickly with Carnival excursion people. I don’t know if the rest of the FTTF people boarded, but I hope they did.

Obviously, Faster To The Fun is a new program (also sold as a Carnival excursion) and there are issues that need to be worked out.

November 23 – Last Sea Day

The weather was beautiful when I got up at 7 to hit the gym. After my workout, the clouds started to crowd in with a burst of sun every once in a while. This made it an easy choice to go check out Towel Animal Theatre. When we arrived at the Venetian Theatre, we were told the kids could go onstage to create towel animals. Skylar jumped up and with instruction made some pretty impressive towel animals.

skytowelfolding_zpsba63ad3a.jpg

Creating towel animal art

DSC01514_zps9dfb8e9c.jpg

Sky’s creation!

She had so much fun that we decided to purchase a book on towel animal construction. Our stateroom attendant Joe provided us the form on the spot when we were back at the cabin. After making a menagerie of animals, the show began. The production was very cute and entertaining for both kids and adults.

towelanimaltheatre_zps4756b108.jpg

Towel Animal Theatre

We hustled to the other end of the ship to get to the Punchliner Brunch. Another comic was performing while we noshed on tasty breakfast fare. I had the breakfast burrito which had scrambled eggs and chorizo. The popovers were yummy!

We changed into swim suits and staked out loungers on deck 10. We were lucky to find a couple of chairs that were near each other. The sun had decided to make an appearance so everybody was trying to get in a little last minute tan session. We all relaxed, napped and read our books as the breeze kept us cool.

gettingsun_zps98decd90.jpg

Craig and Sky relaxing on Deck 10

Sky decided she needed to check out the waterslide so she took in a couple runs.

DSC01178-1_zps73e91a11.jpg

Sliding in with a splash!

DSC01180.jpg

A very happy Sky!

Im still following your review and enjoying it very much!

Sometimes I make a post and it doesnt show until about 5 mins or more later. This happening recently a few times, same as Im having trouble logging in from time to time.

Awesome review though, and great photos. Thanks again for posting.:)

Im still following your review and enjoying it very much!

Sometimes I make a post and it doesnt show until about 5 mins or more later. This happening recently a few times, same as Im having trouble logging in from time to time.

Awesome review though, and great photos. Thanks again for posting.:)

Yeah, I have had a few log in times where CC doesn't give me access. My posting issue is probably something comparable to that.

Thanks for reading my review!!

Archived