Save the seas waste the enviornment

benalexe

Just got off the oasis of the seas. They have a great photo system where you can see all of your photos on electronic kiosks. What I was surprised about is rc makes a point to talk about their environmental sustainability an yet they have folders where they print out every photo they have taken of you on the cruise. Yes print as well as electronic. Seems like a total waste and hurtful to the environment with all of the chemicals inks and paper. I asked what they do with the photos and was told they recycle them and extract the silver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They were not lying when they said they recycle the photos.

But you went on a 225,000 GT cruise ship that gets about 20 feet per gallon and it was the photo paper that you focused on for a thread on "wasting the environment?"

Really?

Valid Point :o

They were not lying when they said they recycle the photos.

But you went on a 225,000 GT cruise ship that gets about 20 feet per gallon and it was the photo paper that you focused on for a thread on "wasting the environment?"

Really?

On my tour on the Allure, the Environmental Officer explained how RCI handles the waste on the ship. All of the dirty water is treated until it reaches an approved level when it is then released back to sea (at a specific nautical mile distance from land). All of the recyclables (bottles, cans, cardboard, etc) are sold to recycling centers, food waste is recycled, and anything that has to be incinerated is done so on the ship & sold to a company in Cozumel. The ash is used to make asphalt for their roads. The very small amount of trash that cannot be recycled or incinerated is disposed of properly. For a ship of that size & with that many people on it, there is very little trash.

it would be a lot easier if you just tell the photographer that you do not want your picture taken and then you are saving the enviroment yourself.

That's what we do. We never buy the pictures anymore......so no need to pose for them.

However, on our last cruise we posed with the photog using the white back drop. Mainly because our daughter was 7 months old and we needed a family pic. And we bought all that were printed.

I would question any silver content in the photos. They use all digital equipment, so no film to process. The paper is not the photo paper of old either. No chemical photo developing is involved. The photos come off a printer connected to a computer. Ink and paper is all that is involved.

Archived