Formal Night Question

sredish

We are getting ready to take our first cruise. I'm sorry if others have asked this same question. Are dress pants acceptable for women on formal nights? I have an outfit that has black pants with lavender pin stripes, a black fitted sweater and a lavender cashmere poncho. With the right shoes and accessories, is this dressy enough?

It's about as dressy as I get!!!

I have seen some wonderful dress pants outfits on women; satin pants with beaded and sequined tops, and one young woman who wore her own tuxedo, with just the full vest, no shirt! She had the figure to pull it off, and looked wonderful. If your outfit looks formal, then it should be fine.

is this dressy enough?

Sounds perfect to me. We went on our first cruise in March and we liked it so much that we're doing Alaska in August. I was concerned about what to wear for formal nights. I took two very beaded and sequined outfits and really enjoyed myself, but was one of the dressiest people on board!!! LOL Some people had on outfits that weren't even as dressy as I wear to church. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking them - it's just that everybody has their own idea of formal and whatever you wear, other than jeans and a t-shirt, will probably be very acceptable. I like being formal, but I think I'm going to tone it down a bit for the Alaska trip, because we'll be hauling all of our luggage around for a week's land tour before we get on the ship and 2 days in Vancouver after the cruise. So, I'm just going to try for dressy knits that roll up and pack well.

:o) Marian

Archived