Stupid Question- Collapsable Coolers

Zeke3

I keep reading about room stewards keeping collapsable coolers filled with ice. I want to bring my collapsable cooler but it leaks when the ice starts to melt. I nned to keep ice in baggies or use those blue ice packs. Is there a trick I'm not aware or are their collapsable coolers that do not leak? Any insight is appreciated as I'm trying to determine whether or not I want to bring it. It would be convenient since it folds up nicely. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks!

I keep reading about room stewards keeping collapsable coolers filled with ice. I want to bring my collapsable cooler but it leaks when the ice starts to melt. I nned to keep ice in baggies or use those blue ice packs. Is there a trick I'm not aware or are their collapsable coolers that do not leak? Any insight is appreciated as I'm trying to determine whether or not I want to bring it. It would be convenient since it folds up nicely. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks!

I would just buy a new one. Walmart has them for less than $10. Mine doesnt leak.

I would just buy a new one. Walmart has them for less than $10. Mine doesnt leak.

Wow! I paid $35 for mine 3 years ago and I never could place ice directly in it due to leaking. I'll check out Walwart for $10!

Placing it in the shower is also another good idea.

Thanks!

We found and used one that was on wheels and folded up at Target for about 25.00. It held 24 cans. We packed it full. Wrapped it with packing tape (the kind that sticks to itself and not everything in sight) and marked our cabin number on the tape. We also attached a colored tag like all luggage.

It made it to our room before the luggage did. I left a note for the cabin steward and put it in the shower stall. It was kept full of ice all week. At the end of our cruise we loaded it with clothes and rolled it right off the ship. The left over colas were left for the steward.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just got one at the local supermarket for $9.99, holds 24 cans. folds up very small. Just returned from the Pride, and we had it on the desk (on a towel because when the ice melted it would sweat a bit), and our steward kept it full of ice every day and we kept it full of at least four bottles of champagne at all times.

It was perfect, and never worried about unlocking, and clearing out the mini-bar. Plus I'm certain it kept the bottles much colder than putting them in that tiny fridge.

I loved this tip so much that when we came back we went out and purchased a vinyl folding cooler, for next time! When we fly to destinations we usually go to the closest convience store and buy a cheap strofoam one! we looked all over st. thomas for something like this? never found it! we wanted one to keep bev and stuff cold at the beach and while bumming around the island (we rented a car). i thought the collaspable would be great both in the cabin and on the islands!!!!

We take a rolling cooler and pack it as a carry on. We then pack our beer and soda in our checked luggage. Once we are in our room we unpack, line the cooler with a garbage bag and fill it with our beer and soda and the steward keeps it iced for us!!!

We take a rolling cooler and pack it as a carry on. We then pack our beer and soda in our checked luggage. Once we are in our room we unpack, line the cooler with a garbage bag and fill it with our beer and soda and the steward keeps it iced for us!!!

We do the same thing. Put beverages and ice in a garbage bag, in the cooler. They are prone to leaking although the one I have now does not, but I've only used it a couple times.

Archived