Royal Caribbean Vow Renewal!

goldgirl2

We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary by renewing our vows on our cruise! We are so excited and having a great time making plans. I have my dress and I am getting it altered next week. DH is renting a tux from RCI. We have ordered room decorations and a cake to be served after our dinner in Portafino. Anyone else here doing a vow renewal on RCI?

• 2 weeks later...

We are not doing vow renewals but when we contacted them to do our wedding we could not get anyone to respond. We must have tried 3-4 times in a couple months.

If you are doing it on the ship you have to use them. If not, I recommend using someone at a port. Our ceremony is in St Thomas and is very affordable. In fact, it's half of what their info packet said and didn't include a reception, drinks, etc.

We did our own on the ship. We had a family member do the ceremony and followed with a package for cocktails and snacks. Then we had dinner in Portofinos. Ours was a group of 20, organized by my TA. It was a beautiful experience and must less expensive than the RCI package.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary with family and are booked to renew our vow on-board the cruise ship. We are ordering a cake, having dinner in Portofino and planning a Bon Voyage BBQ at home for the members of our family who cannot join us. It is very special to celebrate an anniversary in this manner, I am as excited as the day I got married the first time! Keep me posted on your plans and do not forget to post pictures!!

Hi! My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary with family and are booked to renew our vow on-board the cruise ship. We are ordering a cake, having dinner in Portofino and planning a Bon Voyage BBQ at home for the members of our family who cannot join us. It is very special to celebrate an anniversary in this manner, I am as excited as the day I got married the first time! Keep me posted on your plans and do not forget to post pictures!!

I am so excited! I feel like a bride:) We are leaving a week from Thursday My dress is being altered right now and I started packing. I ended up getting the vow renewal package from royal weddings. I know it is way over priced but oh well.... We are exchanging island hook bracelets and doing a hand ceremony. I ended up writing the whole ceremony myself. I did not like the generic wedding vows they do. It didn't really fit a vow renewal. they must be good because DH cried when he read them. We are doing the ceremony just before sunset in the chapel. I also did all mu own music. When is your cruise? Did you get a wedding dress?

We had my parents vows renewed for their Golden Anniversary on board Explorer of the seas.....it was a surprise, they had no idea. It was intimate, just 6 of us. My parents were shocked. After months of picking up dresses here and there for my mother, we actually smuggled one of her favorite gowns out of her closet the morning we left! The biggest running joke is still that I forgot to smuggle the matching shoes to the gown! haha. RC did a great job. The only blip was the photographer/photography. At the time they wanted to charge $1,000 for all the pictures they took. DH and I thought that was exorbitant.

It also took until the last full day on board for them to all be developed...and I want to say, presented to us, but we had to chase down the photographer who made lots of excuses, until they were ready. We ended up buying I think 30 of the pictures for $200 or $250...I admit, Im still totally confused about those pictures and the cost! lol I wish I would have had a heads up before we embarked.

I have to say, it is definitely the most memorable cruise. I look back on the pictures often with my Mom and I know a lot of people complain and say it is way too costly and you can do it on your own, but I wouldnt trade that day for anything!

Enjoy!!

I have been waiting over a month for someone with Royal weddings to get back to me. We cruise on 3/17 on Freedom of the Seas. We want to do a vow renewal, which isn't rocket science. I am thinking I need to come up with a contingency plan!! How long did it take to hear back?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm still waiting for a response after 3 months...

Did you ever hear back from RC? Were you able to complete your vow renewal? We are thinking about doing the VR on the Freedom in September but am a bit nervous based on the reviews I have read. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have been waiting over a month for someone with Royal weddings to get back to me. We cruise on 3/17 on Freedom of the Seas. We want to do a vow renewal, which isn't rocket science. I am thinking I need to come up with a contingency plan!! How long did it take to hear back?

Were you able to hold your VR? We are interested in doing the same on Freedom in September, however, your posts have me a bit worried!

Thank you in advance.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
We did our own on the ship. We had a family member do the ceremony and followed with a package for cocktails and snacks. Then we had dinner in Portofinos. Ours was a group of 20, organized by my TA. It was a beautiful experience and must less expensive than the RCI package.

Do you mind giving me more info on this? Did you plan any type of ceremony through the cruiseline, or did you do it all on your own? I'm just starting the planning process, and the idea of doing it all on my own is appealing if it's possible!

We were going to do it through RCI but it was way too expensive. My TA organized our group & got a room for our ceremony. We followed that with cocktails & hot/cold snacks -priced per person. My TA booked our group intp Portofino's for dinner and we were treated like royalty! My husbands daughter (my step-daughter) did the ceremony which was so much more personal. And one of our guests got us flowers. The total cost was a fraction of what was quoted by RCI.