Cruise Personalizer Questions

custompcsys

This is my first Princess cruise (Diamond in July to Alaska) and I've completed the Cruise Personalizer, but I have 2 questions for you experienced Princess cruisers:

1. I've read the posts about how firm the beds are, so I thought it might be a good idea to request the egg crate matress in advance. I didn't see a place on the CP to request it though - bed extender, rollaway, bed board, but no egg crate/foam. Can you in fact request this through the CP or should I wait and ask the cabin steward on Saturday?
  2. Myself and some other members of our party (we have 3 cabins) indicated special occasions on the CP (birthday, anniversary, graduation). Does anyone know what, if anything, they do if you put these in the CP?

Thanks for the insights! :)

[*]I've read the posts about how firm the beds are, so I thought it might be a good idea to request the egg crate matress in advance.[*]Myself and some other members of our party (we have 3 cabins) indicated special occasions on the CP (birthday, anniversary, graduation). Does anyone know what, if anything, they do if you put these in the CP?

Thanks for the insights! :)

Most folks report that requesting the egg crate mattress on the CP doesn't work anyway. Save that request for the first day when you meet your room steward.

Our anniversary was during our last cruise. They put "Happy Anniversary" balloons around our room door. We didn't have traditional dining, so I don't know if they do something at that nights dinner or not.

It is best not to trust requests to the Personalizer. We just got off the Sapphire and I had entered that we wanted robes and it was my husband's birthday into the Personalizer. We had no robes in the room when we arrived. In fact, there was a printed note some where (can't remember where, vacation block) that robes were available by request to our cabin steward. As far as remembering my husband's birthday, there was nothing done other than a note from a port store offering him a discount if he made a purchase. It is best to notify your TA about special occassions so he/she can notify the cruise line directly. For robes, just ask your cabin steward and he/she will get you the number you desire. Have a great cruise.

You will get a small cake in the dining room the night of the special occasion. Not sure how this is handled in the PC rooms. If your balloons are not on the door or the robes not in the closet when you board ship, just let your steward know that you need them

Archived