How often is Roatan missed?

Broncofans

tonit964 - Yeah my wife and I went to Punchliner’s that night and the comedian really skewered the captain, the crowd was howling.

Other than the missed port I did like Carnival, especially their friendly staff. It was my family's first cruise and we were impressed by how friendly the staff were.

However it does seem apparent that there is a design issue with Carnival's port in Roatan, since the weather was beautiful (like Turn7's picture shows), other than the wind.

When I'm ready to go back to Roatan I will probably choose another cruise line to get me to that particular destination. But I'll still cruise Carnival for other ports.

Edited by chudster

Out of three cruises to Mahogany Bay Roatan we were able to dock all three times. We were the only ship in port all three times. We are scheduled to be back at Mahogany Bay this coming November on the Valor however the Breeze is supposed to be there first. We will see if we make it a 4th time.

Interesting thread. We missed Mahogany Bay on a Princess cruise last year. We sailed off the Island all day. We could see a ship docked. If you really, really want to go to Roatan, go on a small ship. Cozumel is another iffy port. The are videos on YouTube that I would have not want to have taken. We were on a Princess Cruise once and almost spent the night there. Wind was brutal.

Out of three cruises to Mahogany Bay Roatan we were able to dock all three times. We were the only ship in port all three times. We are scheduled to be back at Mahogany Bay this coming November on the Valor however the Breeze is supposed to be there first. We will see if we make it a 4th time.

On cruisett and cruiseportinsider, there are the only 2 ships docking in Roatan that day, the Valor and the Dream(MBCC's port calendar,crusiett and cruiseportinsider all list the Dream, not the Breeze). So it's possible if you don't get into Mahogany Bay (more likely it'll be the Dream not getting in) you could dock in Coxen Hole. That'd be up to the port authority and the ship's captain.

Excuse me - you are correct about it being the Dream and not the Breeze. However, I never knew that CCL ships ever docked at Coxen Hole. At least that would be a fallback in case of bad weather.

On cruisett and cruiseportinsider, there are the only 2 ships docking in Roatan that day, the Valor and the Dream(MBCC's port calendar,crusiett and cruiseportinsider all list the Dream, not the Breeze). So it's possible if you don't get into Mahogany Bay (more likely it'll be the Dream not getting in) you could dock in Coxen Hole. That'd be up to the port authority and the ship's captain.

Excuse me - you are correct about it being the Dream and not the Breeze. However, I never knew that CCL ships ever docked at Coxen Hole. At least that would be a fallback in case of bad weather.

We were on the Carnival Dream in 2013 and were unable to dock at Mahogany Bay, due to weather. We were lucky because there weren't any other ships in port and we were able to dock at Coxen Hole instead. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Thank You. I will keep my fingers crossed. :)

We were on the Carnival Dream in 2013 and were unable to dock at Mahogany Bay, due to weather. We were lucky because there weren't any other ships in port and we were able to dock at Coxen Hole instead. So, keep your fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...
MB is Carnival's- and so many cruisers stay there that they make a ton of money. I don't think MOST people venture out of MB. Carnival doesn't want to miss this port.

(Heck even ports they don't own- it is bad for business to miss ports. Missed ports don't make happy cruisers in the long run, even if the cruise line might make more money that day in on board revenues.)

Tend to disagree. If it`s Carnival and there`s more than a breeze...It`s Sea Day!!! Spend lot`s of $$ on board gambling an drinkin. We`ve missed GC (x2), Aruba and Costa Rica (back when) due to "high winds" Last March we had 4 sea days in a row. I`ve no idea why TAs cruz, but I`m not fond of more than 1 sea day. We don`t cruz CCL as much anymore.

We've had many port stops in Roatan over the years (both Coxen Hole & Mahogany Bay) and have never had our port stop there canceled. :)

We've always been there in the January/February time frame if that makes a difference.

LuLu

• 3 months later...

Anyone have a recent experience not being able to dock at MB? We will be there Oct 2016, and from what I can tell there will only be one other ship, Oceania Insignia, which im assuming will dock at Coxen hole.

How many ships can dock at Coxen hole at the same time? Im hoping we can at least dock there if we cannot at MB. I do not want 3 sea days b2b.