Explorer Pass

hbear

I'm interested in purchasing an Explorer Pass to visit a number of sites in UK, but the website says the pass is valid November 2012 to March 2013.

Can anyone give me information about passes for 2013 beyond March?

I emailed using the 'contact us' feature, but I've not received a response.

Thank you

I purchased 2 Explorer Pass in Oct 2012 for my cruise August 16, 2013. There is no dates on the evoucher you print,. There is a bar code (each had their own number) and order number on the evoucher. The pass states :"This pass must be used completely within one year of purchase." You do need to give them the names of each person purchasing the Explorer Pass and they have to sign the evoucher.

hbear - I'll be interested to know this too. It appears that right now you can only buy the Special Winter Price passes (22.40 GBP vs. the usual 28 GBP) that have to be used between 1 November 2012 and 31 March 2013. When you click the Buy Online Now link, the only option you get is for the winter passes.

Used the pass for sites in Scotland last year in May. After March the "new" passes for the summer will go on sale. We used the one that got us into 3 sites in 5 days and it worked will for our Around the British Isles cruise. Used it first at Stirling Castle, then Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness and finally at Edinburgh Castle. No waiting in long lines to purchase tickets!!!

<<<Karen>>>

Used the pass for sites in Scotland last year in May. After March the "new" passes for the summer will go on sale. We used the one that got us into 3 sites in 5 days and it worked will for our Around the British Isles cruise. Used it first at Stirling Castle, then Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness and finally at Edinburgh Castle. No waiting in long lines to purchase tickets!!!

<<<Karen>>>

Do they have a special line at each place for the people that have the Explorer Pass?

We will be in Edinburgh when the Tattoo and Fringe will be on so the Castle will be very busy and if they have a special line it will save us time.

I sent an email asking about purchasing passes other than the Special Winter Price passes and received a reply stating that you can buy the passes for the summer season starting on the 1st of April.

Yes, April 1, here's the email I received this morning:

Dear Donna

Thank you for your email. Those are just the dates for the Winter price pass. The Summer pass will come into effect from the 1st of April. You will be able to purchase passes for May then.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

We plan to purchase the three day pass - certainly worth the price! (And we are seniors, yippee.)

When we used our pass for the first time at Stirling Castle we had to show the voucher, proof of age for senior discount (used a driver's license rather then our passport) and they gave us a folder with the pass and some other information. They note the date validated as the first visit and then mark off each other visit with the date. For the other visits you show the pass at a special window and by-pass the ticket line. This worked very well at Edinburgh. We heard that by afternoon the line for tickets was an hour long :eek:. You go directly to the check point rather then the ticket office.

<<<Karen>>>

When we used our pass for the first time at Stirling Castle we had to show the voucher, proof of age for senior discount (used a driver's license rather then our passport) and they gave us a folder with the pass and some other information. They note the date validated as the first visit and then mark off each other visit with the date. For the other visits you show the pass at a special window and by-pass the ticket line. This worked very well at Edinburgh. We heard that by afternoon the line for tickets was an hour long :eek:. You go directly to the check point rather then the ticket office.

<<<Karen>>>

<<<Karen>>>

Archived