New to Eclipse..Need Cabin Location Info

jaybird from SC

Considering the shape of Eclipse is different from the other ships we've sailed on, we are having concerns as to the best location. Looking at the ship we see four distinct sections. We're looking for a balcony cabin that has open views downward to the water. Last cruise our cabin was above an awning that prevented us from seeing straight down to the water. Shucks, we couldn't even see the people running to catch the ship before it sailed away! Does anyone know if either of these "sections" is preferred over another? Hope my question makes sense. Thanks.....

[quote name='jaybird from SC']Considering the shape of Eclipse is different from the other ships we've sailed on, we are having concerns as to the best location. Looking at the ship we see four distinct sections. We're looking for a balcony cabin that has open views downward to the water. Last cruise our cabin was above an awning that prevented us from seeing straight down to the water. Shucks, we couldn't even see the people running to catch the ship before it sailed away! Does anyone know if either of these "sections" is preferred over another? Hope my question makes sense. Thanks.....[/quote]

Here's a thumbnail of the "Hump" area of the S-Class ship. I consider this the most desirable area on the ship. You can see the Port side section of the balcony proportions in size. The starboard side is exactly the same.

You can see straight down to the water from the Hump. Staterooms 9217 thru 9235 are the ones I believe you are thinking about.

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14[/URL]

Archived