Carnival Legend Steakhouse and Food and Wine Pairing Review with Pics

8esther8

Our Estonian sommelier started by talking about wine in general. I won't let the cat out of the bag, but she mentioned the top 4 countries in which wine is made (number 4 was a surprise to all of us!) and described the process of making wine so that we understood it more clearly.

She went through each wine, had us describe it, then she described it, with much more precision. She asked us if we liked each one as we went...then proceeded to pair the wine with one of the food items. In every instance, we liked the wine better. It helped us understand what to order with our meals in the future and gave us a greater appreciation of the wines that originally we thought we didn't like. She explained that the proper food brings out the goodness of the wine, and downplays what could be seen as its negative traits. The pairings changed all of our minds! And now I appreciate wine more.

I should mention that the last wine, the Cabernet, was not as listed on the mat; it was from Chile. Here is the picture of her--she's telling us to smell the wine. I loved her enthusiasm!

Alex with the sommelier behind him

WesternCaribbeanCarnivalTrip031_zps0e2a9d1a.jpg

Edited by 8esther8

We sat next to you guys the first night at the steakhouse and were so happy we took your recommendation about the spice rubbed prime rib. It was to die for!

Hi, Broyles60! I'm so glad you tried it, and I hope you didn't think I was being too pushy, lol! We wished we could have gone another night or two on the cruise.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Everything looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

We're debating on booking the steakhouse for our upcoming cruise, but there's not a single thing on the appetizer menu that DH will eat (he's pretty picky), so I'm not sure if we want to spend the money or not.

Carnival is now offering steakhouse entrée items in the MDR for $20, so maybe that's the way to go? :)

• 1 month later...