Alaska Airlines

SF

Just wondering if anyone's had problems with Alaska Airlines recently? I noticed on some prior posts about that airline having financial difficulties and problems with baggage handling in Seattle. What's the up to date status?

Alaska has really had a tough time the last several months and recently the baggage handlers situation in Seattle has just made things worse. They can't seem to get anywhere on-time anymore, so if you are planning to be in a particular location at a specific time, just be sure to book your flight to arrive well in advance of when you need to be there and particularly avoid the flights that leave towards the end of the day, or evening.

I have been a loyal AS flyer for years and have accumulated many miles (and used them) on that airline. However, their unreliability to get you where you need to go on time has been a big deterrent lately and I am considering other airlines. Delays, we know, are a part of flying. But they seem to have them all the time now. And considering that their prices are often higher than the competition, it makes little sense to choose them. I haven't given up entirely on them yet, but I'm close.

• 2 weeks later...

I would keep an eye on any Airlines flying to Alaska these days. I have a flight booked and noticed it really must have been a great deal I got...the flight is full. The only problem is they dropped their prices down to rock bottom again yesterday. This tell me they are over booking in hopes that their Airline partners can handle the over flow. Make sure to confirm your resevations 48 hours in advance of your flight. Also watch out for schedule changes and flight delays. Unfortunately thats the way of doing business in the Airline business these days. Happy flying...Tim

Archived