Soda Card

Babs1121

Can anyone tell me if we purchase the soda card on the Legend is it good all over the ship? Travelling with 2 teenagers in July and was thinking about getting the card for them. Thank you for any info you can give me.

It's good at any bar and in the restaurant. We have purchased them for every cruise we've taken with our kids. Sometimes I don't really think it was a great bargain, they don't always drink a lot of soda, so it really depends on how much your kids may drink. A can of soda would equal at least 2 (maybe even 3) soft drinks by the glass, they would have to purchase more than 3 cans of soda a day to make the card worthwhile (on most ships). So, you have to figure out if it will work for you. If they only have a soda or 2 a day, just let them use their sail and sign card for it.

Like any other onboard expenditure, it comes down to personal habit.

I am a big pop drinker so I bought a soda card on our first cruise. Honestly, I didn't use it nearly enough to get the money's worth from it. It would be quite difficult (if not impossible) to use it during meal times and I was too embarrassed to try to use it during the shows (it seemed wrong to have a waiter get me a drink not knowing if I would tip extra or not). We also were on a port intensive cruise so most days weren't on the ship much to really use it. I believe I drank about 6 sodas the whole time.

The situation may be different for children (I saw them using their cards a lot), for people who are more motivated to stop at bars than I was, and for people on longer cruises with more sea days.

I am a big pop drinker so I bought a soda card on our first cruise. Honestly, I didn't use it nearly enough to get the money's worth from it. It would be quite difficult (if not impossible) to use it during meal times and I was too embarrassed to try to use it during the shows (it seemed wrong to have a waiter get me a drink not knowing if I would tip extra or not). We also were on a port intensive cruise so most days weren't on the ship much to really use it. I believe I drank about 6 sodas the whole time.

The situation may be different for children (I saw them using their cards a lot), for people who are more motivated to stop at bars than I was, and for people on longer cruises with more sea days.

We are considering the soda card for our upcoming trip-why would it be difficult to use duing meal times?

The soda card isn't hard to use at dinner. We just had to show ours the first night and then every night after that our waiter would ask if we would like a Coke and then go get it for us and kept them coming until we finished. Maybe it depends on your wait staff. Ours was great and brought us items before we asked. My husband and I also shared a card;) . Not legal but when you are on deck and go to different bars the bartenders don't care whos name is on the card. But do what you feel comfortable with.:)

Thanks for the info on the soda card and other drinks. Anyone know if the iced tea they serve is a particular brand or is it unsweetened?

It is unsweetened but if you mix it with the lemonade it makes a perfect glass of tea-- dont forget to take your own insulated cup because the ones the cruise lines supply are verysmall.

Can anyone tell me if we purchase the soda card on the Legend is it good all over the ship? Travelling with 2 teenagers in July and was thinking about getting the card for them. Thank you for any info you can give me.

Some things to consider-- those two soda cards will costs you 88 bucks. You will be in ports 3-or 4 of those 7 days the majority of the days. You will be off the ship by 10am on that last day- How much soda do you think the teens will drink? You get one soda at a time in a very small cup unless you buy the coke cup that costs 6-7 bucks more which is a tad bigger. Dining room waiter/asst does not give you soda-- that stuff comes from the bar waiter and you gotta wait til he comes around.. which he does if the table is ordering stuff since he does not get any money for getting soda you could be waiting a while for that soda.

In the past cruises we have always carried on a 12 pack each of Pepsi. Because we drink whats available on the ship a lot of times we had a lot of soda left over at the end.

We are also cruising in July, but for 9 days, only 3 are in port so for us, we will be on board more than we are off. How much is the soda card if we are cruising for 9 days on Legend?

We usually have atleast 2 maybe 3 sodas with dinner and if the iced tea is unsweetened, I will likely have atleast 2 during the day. That being said, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt a "waste" of money. I am on vacation, drinking things I dont enjoy to save us 88 bucks (such as unsweetened iced tea:eek: gross, or lemonade with dinner, grosser) when I could spend the 88 bucks and have unlimited soda seems like a good idea to me.

Why would it be difficult to get a soda at dinner whether I am paying for it with my soda card versus sail and sign card?

As I said earlier it isn't difficult to get a soda during dinner. The person (bar waiter) will know what you like (especially if you tell them the 1st night) and bring it to you when you arrive for your dinner seating. I alway tip the bar waiter each night so maybe that's why they take care of me. I would buy it and enjoy drinking as much soda as you can. Enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived