Port Canaveral Taxi Warning (888 Service)

nycchic12

In answer to your statement, NO, Taxi's do not require permits to pick up at the Cruise lines at all. Customers are led to believe this which causes a no competition sinairio and customers are robbed, REGULARLY. Call transportation company's in the area and you'll find they can pick you up if your reserve your fare with them at better prices and better, honest drivers. Good luck on your Cruise and I will be happy to supply Cruise Mates with information on going prices, services that DO HAVE INSURANCE and are legally operating, or any info desired from an Independent Company here in Port Canaveral.....Port Canaveral Taxi, Bill

Please let us know what these other companies are? And how can you get them when you exit the ship? Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I drive for Uber and I had some passengers that told me that 888 transport wanted to charge the 2 of them $120 to go from the port to Orlando airport. Uber price is half that amount. They were also told that Uber could not pick up or drop off at the cruise ships. The taxis and shuttles need to be regulated and something needs to be done concerning one company wanting all the business. There is enough for everyone. No greed is necessary

• 1 month later...
HI, We do not have smart phones. Can we use you (UBER) for transport around the Space Coast as needed, but how? Txt#? Email? Thanks, DAN

From the Uber Help site:

The Uber app is optimized for use on smartphones and available for download on iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry.

If you don't have a smartphone, you can access your account and request a ride on our mobile website.

You can visit m.uber.com to request rides. Let us know here if you'd like to use this website. We'll be happy to grant you access.

Yes, we would like access to the mobile UBER (w/o smartphone). Please proceed and thanks for the fast response.

You would need to have a computer hooked up to the Internet then. You can't get an Uber without an Internet connection of some sort.

• 1 year later...
You would need to have a computer hooked up to the Internet then. You can't get an Uber without an Internet connection of some sort.

You do not need a smart phone, an android works. Just go to play store and download the passenger app.

An android works just fine. Go to play store and download the passenger app for Uber.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I sent you an email to the listed one on your message, I will be happy to give you the prices of this area, quotes, or general information you need. Thank you, William Porter

Hi William, can you email me at fauconneau.janie@gmail.com about arranging a cab pickup at the port to take my friend and I back to the airport?