Couple massages

Mhurst

DH and I had a couples massage on the Pride, though technically did not book the couples massage. We booked two individual massages for the same time on a port day, so we got the "value" price special for port days. We told them if it would save room, we could use the couples room, so they gave that to us. (However, we were willing to be in separate rooms.) It was a little cheaper to get the two individual massages than the couples massage, basically the two individual plus the tip equaled the price of the couples massage without tip, so a savings of $30-35, something like that.

I have never seen a couples massage as a true port special, where it would be a cheaper price than what is listed, but if the ship you are on has the value price for port days, then you can get it a little cheaper that way.

One word of caution...when we got the bill to sign, it had a couples massage on it, so we had to tell them that we actually booked individual massages. It was no problem to get it fixed, but just make sure you check what you are being charged for.

haven't sailed the "new" ships, and not too often seen a couples massage offered, hence no discounts (perhaps the ships spa rooms are too small for two people + massuese). The couples massage may be on newer sized ships only.

However I did see a couples massage class where they taught the art of massage and it included oil etc.

I have found just like accupuncture availability it depends on spa size and ship personel per each ship.

I'm looking to do the couples massage, the price is $269, what amount should we tip?

Most of the time I've used the spa, it has automatically had the 15% added when I get the bill to sign. If not, I still tip 15%. But if it's not added, it is up to you...I would at least give 10%, unless you are not happy with the service for some reason.

haven't sailed the "new" ships, and not too often seen a couples massage offered, hence no discounts (perhaps the ships spa rooms are too small for two people + massuese). The couples massage may be on newer sized ships only.

Ours was on the Pride, which is not a new ship. There was only one room available for couples massage.

Most of the time I've used the spa, it has automatically had the 15% added when I get the bill to sign. If not, I still tip 15%. But if it's not added, it is up to you...I would at least give 10%, unless you are not happy with the service for some reason.

Thank you.:)

Oh, and it is very likely you will be offered some kind of product at the end of your massage. DH and I were asked to get dressed and wait in the room, but I knew what was coming, so we got dressed and went to wait out in the lobby area of the spa. I could tell our ladies were a little disappointed, but we weren't going to buy the stuff anyway. They wrote it all down for us in case we wanted to buy it later. It was basically a recommendation for our own massage oil and some other lotion. Usually a polite "no thank you" works well.

We've had a couples massage on the Splendor. It was about $260.00 for a Valentine's day special. It included champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. I can't say for sure, but I think ratuity of 18% is what is suggested. It was nice, but wouldn't do it again, When we go to Cabo, we go have a couples massage for $40.00 tip them 50% and for $60.00 we're happy. It's not a five star resort, but we enjoy the massage. We usually go both days we're in port. Enjoy your massage:)

We've had a couples massage on the Splendor. It was about $260.00 for a Valentine's day special. It included champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. I can't say for sure, but I think ratuity of 18% is what is suggested. It was nice, but wouldn't do it again, When we go to Cabo, we go have a couples massage for $40.00 tip them 50% and for $60.00 we're happy. It's not a five star resort, but we enjoy the massage. We usually go both days we're in port. Enjoy your massage:)

I would much prefer a massage like this in a port...much cheaper and you get a good massage...I would probably want a recommendation of where to go.

Archived