Open Passage - Change in Booking

TerryAndDoug

I'm sorry for another post about Open Passages, but I want to make sure I don't mess this up!

I have a cruise booked for this November using an Open Passage. I'm being enticed by a better value at that time on another line, so likely won't sail on Azamara until 2014 or later. Is the best strategy to change booking to a date in far future, and then change booking again once we determine when we actually want to cruise? Is it correct that if I make these changes many months before the sail date, there won't be any fees from Azamara to make the changes? I see $25 per person cancellation fee if 91+ days prior to departure, but not sure if this applies to a change in date.

Thanks,

Doug

I'm sorry for another post about Open Passages, but I want to make sure I don't mess this up!

I have a cruise booked for this November using an Open Passage. I'm being enticed by a better value at that time on another line, so likely won't sail on Azamara until 2014 or later. Is the best strategy to change booking to a date in far future, and then change booking again once we determine when we actually want to cruise? Is it correct that if I make these changes many months before the sail date, there won't be any fees from Azamara to make the changes? I see $25 per person cancellation fee if 91+ days prior to departure, but not sure if this applies to a change in date.

Thanks,

Doug

That is what the Reps in Miami are telling us.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

I might be wrong, but that's my understanding as well. I'd probably switch your current booking to something towards the end of their booking schedule, and revisit in the future.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Archived