Sofa bed on EPIC?

blancheneigedlp

Does anyone know how big the sofa bed on the EPIC is? We are in a mini-suite. Also, how comfortable is it?

I'm trying to figure out sleeping configurations for me and my kids. We are in a mini that sleeps 3, but my sister and her daughter are in a mini that sleeps 4, so I'm trying to decide if we should switch minis.

My TA says I should just have my kids sleep on the two twins and I can sleep on the sofa bed, but I'm a little selfish and I would like to sleep on the queen and have my kids on the sofa and pull down! But I'm worried about putting one of my kids in the pull down bed.

Thanks in advance!

The sofa is plenty big, it pulls out from the back to create a nice wide area to sleep on. It's also pretty long. I slept on it one night and thought it was pretty darn comfy! I'm 5'10" if that helps you at all, I still had some room at the end so my feet didn't hang off.

It's decent sized, but very firm. Ask for a mattress topper / egg crate for whoever is going to sleep on it. Quite frankly, if I was paying for the trip I would NOT move to the couch. The regular bed is very comfortable.

The 3 and 4 person configuration vary only in that a 4th person has a bunk that pulls down from the ceiling. My kids said that bed and the couch were similar in comfort (firm, but comfortable)

This is what the 4 beds look like in a standard balcony. The mini is basically the same, but the room is longer

345-vi.jpg

Another thing to note, a 4 person room has the main bed closer to the door. The "preferred" configuration of these rooms is to have the bed closer to the balcony because it makes the room feel bigger. I'm not sure how your 3 person is set up, but something to consider

Ask for a mattress topper / egg crate for whoever is going to sleep on it. Quite frankly, if I was paying for the trip I would NOT move to the couch. The regular bed is very comfortable.

Is this request (mattress topper) available in a normal standard Epic balcony ? Never thought to ask for such a thing before, and our 1st time coming up on Epic this August. Slightly worried how our 6ft teenage son is going to get on with the sofa.

Does the steward take care of this when turning down of an evening.

The sofa bed was just fine. We all took turns sleeping on it. I will say that I did prefer the real bed though.

OP, I will add that you may not enjoy the 'queen' bed that much as it is essentially two twins pushed together. There will be a ridge of sorts in the middle of it. Why not have them set up your room with 2 twins and then use the sofa bed as the third bed? Just a thought.

Have a great cruise!

I can't imagine 2 adults on the single sofa bed. You may be better off to share one of the twin beds. Not sure how you were able to book 4 into a cabin that has a capacity of 3

You can't put 2 on the couch. It's single. See my picture above. If you have 4 you need a family balcony with the drop down bunk

Is this request (mattress topper) available in a normal standard Epic balcony ? Never thought to ask for such a thing before, and our 1st time coming up on Epic this August. Slightly worried how our 6ft teenage son is going to get on with the sofa.

Does the steward take care of this when turning down of an evening.

Yep. You can request this for any room category. Either call NCL and reserve in advance or ask your steward as soon as you get to your room. They have a limited number.

You can't put 2 on the couch. It's single. See my picture above. If you have 4 you need a family balcony with the drop down bunk

I was confused. I thought there were 4 in the cabin. Simple answer OP gets one of the twins and the kids fight over the other one or they swap from sofa to the other twin.

I was confused. I thought there were 4 in the cabin. Simple answer OP gets one of the twins and the kids fight over the other one or they swap from sofa to the other twin.

I see where you got that... "kids". Since they were in a room for 3 I assumed it was just the OP and a couple of kids. True, if the OP really has 4, an Epic room for 3 isn't going to cut it.

Nope, it is just me and my kids, 3 total. And we are already in a room where the bed is closer to the door (less preferred config, I think) anyway.

In reading through other threads in the forum, it seems that the mattress from the pull down bed is removable, so could I put it on the floor by the sofa bed and have my 2 kids sleep there (one on sofa, one on mattress on floor?) They are 3, so neither of them will be able to sleep IN the pulldown bed.

Or just do two twins and the sofa bed configuration? Me on one twin and kids on other twin and sofa?

Archived