Best cruise line for kids?

ShanZro

My husband and I just got back from our very first cruise and we had so much fun we want to take our kids on the next cruise. I am wondering what cruise line do experianced cruisers feel is best for kids? We were on the Carnival Liberty and I know they had camp carnival things going on during the day but I didn't pay much attention to it since we didn't have the kids with us.

Our kids are older (10 and 14 right now) so they would be able to do a lot of the shore excursions with us also.

We are thinking of cruising with them in about 2 years (gotta save up some fun money) so they would be 12 and 16 at the time.

Thanks! :D

I would say it all depends on your kids. We took ours at 15 and 16 on Carnival Elation and they hated it. In fact, they said they never wanted to cruise again. We've since convinced them to try again, for a specific location, but again, it all depends on your kids.

That said, I would recommend a larger ship wit a lot to do for that age group. Also keep in mind that they will not be in the same age group.

I would probably lean toward one of the larger RCCL ships, but a larger and newer Carnival would be good as well.

Thank You! I wasn't aware there was a family cruising section. Off to go check it out and ask. :D

There is a forum here for Family Cruises, under Special Interest Cruising. Folks there can give you lots of advice about cruising with kids. EM

Hello,

Our Son was 16 on his first cruise and 19 for his second. The first we sailed NCL and they had (have) a fairly extensive Kids and Teen program. He went up to the Teen program once and said not for him?? He stayed with us most of the time and had a ball. Second cruise he had someone his own age with him so they had a great time doing their own thing. I don't think they ever even checked out the Teen program. I guess what I am saying is our son had a better time with a friend then alone but still a good trip. The kids programs are great but not for everyone so let your kids deceide what they like when you go. Royal had good programs also when we cruised last June. I'm sure you will have a great time!

Happy Cruising

Archived