what to do in Grand Cayman with a 4yo?

dorito6778

we are in grand cayman for the day while on the disney fantasy from 11:30am-5pm. we're beach people, but the day is short in port. are there beaches very close by, or are we better off just wandering the port and grabbing some lunch? is it just the same as any other port (jewelry and the like)?

You might want to take a trip over to the Turtle Farm for your child.

Public beach areas where you can rent chairs, get food etc along 7 mile beach are within an easy cab's reach right at the dock.

Area shopping...sure you could do that. But the white sands on 7 Mile beach are striking. I wouldn't waste time shopping if you are beach people.

Seagrape Beach is about 10 mins (by bus) away....chair/umbrella rentals, food/drink and restrooms close right there, too.

You will not want to spend all day in the sun...the sun is fierce....but the beach is quick and easy to get to...you have ample time.

Shopping...there are NO "bargains" on GC...it's very expensive.....I wouldn't waste my time attempting to buy memories...just MAKE memories at the beach!

Any tour to the Turtle Farm will be happy to drop you off at a spot along Seven Mile Beach on the way back. You would then catch a taxi or bus when you are ready to go back to the ship.

Seven Mile Beach has many sections that are referred to by name. SeaGrape was mentioned by cb at sea and I would suggest looking at the section just south of that known as Seven Mile Beach Public Beach. Public Beach has bathrooms, some large fixed cabanas, chair rentals, food trucks, and playground equipment for the little one. The popular Calico Jacks Beach bar sits between Public Beach and SeaGrape.

Archived