First time for freestyle dining

mimicsr

We are on a 15-night Panama Canal cruise in April on the NCL Sun. We are one couple sailing by ourselves (not with group), and we don't necessarily like to dine totally alone at a table for 2. Is is easy to hook up with others in the dining rooms or do we always have to dine just by ourselves. We really like tables for 6, where we can meet and talk with other diners. I'd like some first-hand reports on this subject, if possible. Thanks.

Very possible. Everynight you will be asked if you want a table for 2,or would you like to dine with other's.

DW and i spent 14 day's on the Sun, alway's opted to eat with other's. Met some nice people

Have fun. Enjoy.

As Rounder said it is your choice - the beautiful part of Freestyle dining!

You can ask to be seated with others or you can sit by yourself. If you meet up with a group of people on the ship and decide you want to all dine together you can just walk up and request a table for your party size.

Enjoy!

Our experience is a little different than the above posts. We were only asked once if we wished to dine with others out of 2 7 day cruises. There was a couple sitting on chairs off to the side waiting. I'm not sure how long they were there before we arrived but sat there for quite some time after we were seated.

My point is that at the time you choose to go to dinner, you can ask but your request may not always be able to be met and you could have a wait in the mean time. NCL tries to be very accommodating but other passengers may not be willing.

I would suggest if you wish people to dine with that you meet up with others during the cruise and invite them to dine with you. The CC meet and greet is a wonderful place to meet others. Friends of ours met some people in the hot tub which they later that evening met up with to dine together. Cruise organized functions such as trivia games or the tastings (margarita, martini etc) are also ways to meet others.

Our experience is a little different than the above posts. We were only asked once if we wished to dine with others out of 2 7 day cruises.

Allow me to "second" that. I've spent close to 60 nights on NCL ships and I only recall being asked 2 or 3 times whether I wanted to dine with others (I didn't).

My suggestion, if you want to dine with others, is to line up tablemates BEFORE you arrive at the dining room. "Work" the rollcall for your cruise and/or attend the M&G, etc.

I'm usually a solo traveler and prefer to dine alone. NCL works great for me! :-)

Archived