Victory Review 12/16/2012 w/lots of pics

Dirkgun

• 1 month later...
Really nice review of your Southern Caribbean cruise. You really maximized your time in the ports. Gives me many ideas. Great pictures. Thank you for posting.

You are welcome. Thanks for the nice comments. Yeah we love this itinerary so much we are doing it again on the Valor in January of 2015.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your review - I loved reading it. DH and I are flying out to San Juan on Oct 4, sailing this same itinerary on the Valor leaving 10/5. This review REALLY makes me wish I'd planned our flights out a few days earlier :( Oh well - that just means we'll have to book this itinerary again and fly in a few days earlier:D:D:D

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your review - I loved reading it. DH and I are flying out to San Juan on Oct 4, sailing this same itinerary on the Valor leaving 10/5. This review REALLY makes me wish I'd planned our flights out a few days earlier :( Oh well - that just means we'll have to book this itinerary again and fly in a few days earlier:D:D:D

Thank you for the nice comments. You will love this cruise... and yes you will want to come back. Puerto Rico is such a great place. And this itinerary is the best. Have an awesome time and come back and write a review so we can see how your trip went.

Hi there,

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review:)

I am wondering if when the cruise leaves in the evening... what time can you actually get onboard...

we are thinking of doing this southern itinerary in March.... but ship sails at 10pm.... we have never cruised this itinerary before:)

Any info you can shed on this would be helpful:)

Thanks

Maria

Hi there,

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review:)

I am wondering if when the cruise leaves in the evening... what time can you actually get onboard...

we are thinking of doing this southern itinerary in March.... but ship sails at 10pm.... we have never cruised this itinerary before:)

Any info you can shed on this would be helpful:)

Thanks

Maria

Thank you. Both times we cruised this itinerary we got on board around 12:30 and then this last time we had lunch and checked out our rooms and then got off and went and wandered around Old San Juan some more. When you leave through the San Juan harbor the city walls and El Morro looming in the darkness... is spectacular. The previous time we did not get back off because we were sailing the day of the Superbowl. So we got to sit out on deck and watch it on the jumbo tv and then have access to the buffet. It was a good time both times. We are excited to get to go again in January of 2015.

Sounds amazing!!

Now to search for airfare:) so I can book it:)

Thank you so much!!

M

You will not regret cruising out of San Juan. It is an unforgettable experience. Especially if you take advantage of the adventures in Puerto rico. So if you can definitely try to come a day or two early or stay after the cruise a day or two. It makes the cruise more enjoyable.

Awesome review!!!!

Enjoyed it very much!!!

Will be on Victory in a day and a half!!!!

Any info you could give me would be helpful!!!!

Anything we should not miss?

Thanks again!!!

Thank you for the nice comments. Honestly the Victory is a beautiful ship IMHO, I really like the décor even with the biting seahorses....lol. I am not sure where you are cruising to (which itinerary etc) but our experiences on the Victory were, I am sure sweetened by the Itinerary we sailed on. In all the cruises we have done the Southern Caribbean islands are my favorite. They just have a different vibe to them. Enjoy your time on the Victory though. I am sure it will be great wherever you cruise to. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Your review was so informative, I have been jotting down notes the entire time! I will be sailing this itinerary in March 2016 (yes I plan far ahead) and we will be on the Liberty. I really appreciate your recommendation of Spencer for the St. Lucia tours because I was pretty much sold on another tour for that island but the boat ride back to the ship might have just sealed the deal to go with Spencer and a longer time at Jalousie beach!

Its funny that I had got so wrapped up in your review and your family members that I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see what everyone got one another for their gifts ha ha! Thanks again! I am going to bookmark this review and look forward to reading your next one for 2015. Please be sure to post the link on this thread so we know where to find it!

Your review was so informative, I have been jotting down notes the entire time! I will be sailing this itinerary in March 2016 (yes I plan far ahead) and we will be on the Liberty. I really appreciate your recommendation of Spencer for the St. Lucia tours because I was pretty much sold on another tour for that island but the boat ride back to the ship might have just sealed the deal to go with Spencer and a longer time at Jalousie beach!

Its funny that I had got so wrapped up in your review and your family members that I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see what everyone got one another for their gifts ha ha! Thanks again! I am going to bookmark this review and look forward to reading your next one for 2015. Please be sure to post the link on this thread so we know where to find it!

Yeah the Liberty will be nice..... we get to go on the Valor in January, but I don't think we will miss a tone because this itinerary the Islands are the show.. not really the ship. But Having the 2.0 upgrades would be nice. Thank you so much for the comments. As far as the gifts are concerned... if you go back and look at post #139 it shows me with my oranges from San Juan, I also got some flavored rums from St Kitts and St Maarten. It also shows a couple of the other gifts like a Batik fabric and wall hanging for my MIL and some Puerto Rican Masks for my DS and his best friend. My DW got some Mahogany earrings and a figurine... It was a really neat way to experience Christmas. I will post a link then also. Did you look at the Victory review from 2010 Superbowl? It was a fun one on the same route (other than it did not include St Maarten and did include Dominica) It was my parents first cruise.

Just re-read you review. We leave on December 26th for San Juan and the cruise leaves on December 28 aboard the Valor.

Do you remember where the light show was located? This is our first trip to San Juan, so thank you for the great review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just re-read you review. We leave on December 26th for San Juan and the cruise leaves on December 28 aboard the Valor.

Do you remember where the light show was located? This is our first trip to San Juan, so thank you for the great review.

Thank you. I believe the light show was on the White House (Casa Blanca) I know for sure it was over on the western side of Old San Juan and probably up closer to the top 1/3 of the city. THe music is quite loud so you will hear it. You will have so much fun there. Make sure to come back and write a review. I will look to see if I can find street names in any of our pictures I want to say on San Sebastian street (calle)

Thanks for the info.. I am looking forward to also seeing the San Juan Christmas decorations.

On another note, I have a quick question regarding Barbados. If we choose to go to lobsters alive instead of the boat yard, will someone ( one of the better ones) of the turtle tours come where we are located, or do we need to seek them out? Thank you , in advance. your review as well as 4 others have helped to guide me thru some of the things we had questions about over the last several months.

So I just went and looked on google earth and it was on Calle Fortaleza al the way to the west side of the city. They showed it on the whaite walls of the Office building.

Thanks for the info.. I am looking forward to also seeing the San Juan Christmas decorations.

On another note, I have a quick question regarding Barbados. If we choose to go to lobsters alive instead of the boat yard, will someone ( one of the better ones) of the turtle tours come where we are located, or do we need to seek them out? Thank you , in advance. your review as well as 4 others have helped to guide me thru some of the things we had questions about over the last several months.

The San Juan Christmas Decorations are very pretty especially at night with all the lights. In Barbados... we have never gone to Lobster Alive or Boatyard but I am reading a review now of StingerPr called something like "(Finally) Yet another Valor Southern Caribbean Review" he is a Puerto Rican that just got back from his first cruise ever on the Valor and they went to Lobster Alive and picked up the turtle swim vendors there. We have always gone to Paynes bay (to the north of the port). Have a great time on your cruise.