Is FTTF worth it?

Newbie41

We didn't purchase FTTF and boarded in Zone 1 on the Liberty earlier this month. Our rooms were ready by noon. It would not have been worth it for us.

This is exactly why I asked this question. I am sailing on the Breeze and was wondering if I would be able to board quickly if I didn't purchase FTTF?

We used it in November and rebooked it for the Dream in 2 weeks. And I would say yes. I liked the convenience of showing up when I want and getting right on, my cabin is ready so im not dragging my carryon around, and my luggage is in my cabin so i can get changed. we also used priority tendering..nice not to wait, priority line for issues, and priority disembark so think we got our moneys worth. I don't need to get on early but waiting is a pain and with this u don't. For us not having to wait is worth it. It makes my vacation nicer. I haven't outgrown Carnival because we like to travel as a family and the prices and activities are a fit....I look at this like booking a shore excursion it's a choice I make to add to my vacation.

Gail

What if you are a family in 2 cabins? Does only 1 person in 1 of the cabins need to buy it in order for everyone to get the benefits?

It is per cabin regardless if it is one family in two cabins, someone in each cabin will have to purchase it.

What if you are a family in 2 cabins? Does only 1 person in 1 of the cabins need to buy it in order for everyone to get the benefits?

I ran into this when I purchased the F2F for our upcoming Dream trip. After i purchased mine, it showed up as sold out. My sister & her hubby are with us and staying across the hall. I really didn't want to leave them behind, so I called guest services (2x to see if I got same answer).

They confirmed it's one per CABIN, so each cabin has to purchase it. After keeping an eye on the web site, more were open up for sale, so I was able to get one for my sisters cabin.

Can't wait to try it out.

I wouldn't pay more for FTTF- just a personal preference at this stage of life. Not because of the money, but because I feel that there are others who can benefit more from those slots. My mom, for example, who is in her 80's would benefit more than me from this program as she has mobility issues- but most of our own personal boarding experiences have been smooth and painless, so I don't mind being in the "mass" of the lowly unprivileged:p Nobody else is going to take my room.

We've had VIP boarding before when we booked a suite, and although the idea was nice- it really wasn't much faster than the regular line.

I like the concept of FTTF. I really like the fact that it is offered at what I consider to be a reasonable price for people who need or want to expedite their line time. But sometimes I think we are all in too much of a hurry- I am reminded of that dynamic whenever I see someone slam on their brakes after sprinting at 60mph from one red light to another. Hurry up and wait:p

Hi,

I was reading about FTTF, and it sounds like a good idea. Our ship leaves at 4 PM, but I would like to get on it as early as possible. I've also heard that boarding in Miami is a nightmare, so anything that would make it easier would be great. If I purchase FTTF am I really guaranteed early entry to the ship.

I guess it depends how long it takes you to earn $50. If it's one hour, is it worth a trade for an hour wait doing nothing.

If it takes you 5 hours, what's that worth to you?

We are booked in 2 cabins, so it would cost $100 for the 4 of us to have FTTF. Not worth it for us since (a) we only do carry-on, (b) we plan to arrive at the port fairly early, and © aren't in any hurry to get off the ship in any of the ports.

I'll keep my $100 for better use.

On my next cruise I plan on sacrificing a few DOD's for FTF because my DH will be a newbie and I don't want to him to have a reason to not cruise again!:D I want him to be like "OMG that was so easy to get on, so easy to get off let's do it again".....he's not high maintenance as a Navy guy but I would get big props for no lines. I probably wouldn't tell him that I had to pay extra for it though:p

On my last 3 cruises, I don't think we waited long since we usually got to port about 11am and always self-debarked as soon as they let us but Tendering in Belize on the first cruise would have been helpful to have FTF to not wait in those crazy tender lines.

I would definitely do it if I had small children too.

I purchased it for my Ecstasy cruise mainly so our room would be ready and luggage would be delivered early. This was great, but the main advantage was the VIP line at Guest Services.

My last night I walked into my room to find 2 cases of liquor waiting for me. Well I didnt order these and found my room steward and asked where they came from. He advised me to go check my sign and sail card and there I found a $100 charge for this liquor. I went to Guest Services to get it straightened out and there was about 35 people waiting in line (with only 2 employees working the counter). Lucikly I could walk right up to the counter using the VIP lane and only waited maybe 2 minutes. Def worth the money!!!

You never WANT to have a reason to visit Guest Services, but you can never know what will happen on a cruise.

On our Liberty cruise last October, our OV room simply wouldn't cool down. Carnival checked it, left a card saying it met their requirements...but it was still very humid and uncomfortable, and my sister has health issues.

So, I had to go to Guest Services repeatedly that night, but thanks to F2F I was able to use the never-long VIP/F2F line. The savings in time thanks to F2F had to be at least an hour, maybe more. We were eventually moved to a different -- balcony -- cabin, VERY late that first night...and I shudder to think how much later the resolution would have taken if I hadn't been able to use the shorter line. Since the alternative would have been to leave the ship at the first non-U.S. port, it may well have saved the entire cruise.

LOL - think the same thing. My last cruise, I had FTTF for free on a different line. Got to the port at 10:15, on the ship at 11:00 and my carry on was a backpack, so was no hassle to carry. Ate in the buffet at 11:20, and although I did not have my room until 1:00, did not care, since most days, I spend hours away from it anyway! Oh ye, the ship had over 6000 passengers. Can you name it?

LOL - know those ships well! However....trying the Breeze and going in full well knowing we will have a different experience, but one we're looking forward to....something different! But for the $50, felt the few perks will be worth it....agree with other posters - see if it works for YOU! ;)

Worth it for sure...On Triumph, 01/14, boarded right behind VIPs and cabin was ready...dropped off carry-ons and went to eat lunch...checked bags were at our cabin on return...

Had a question on last night at sea...instead of 20th in line I had my own window...awesome...

Debarkation day...finished and on the street within 90 minutes of docking...

WELL WORTH IT!

Anyone want to know what the Diamond cruisers think about the program?

Probably not.:(

Nope - don't know why you would have any opinion on it since you don't have to pay for it. I know some people are boohooing because 15 people per sailing (sometimes 30) have the chance to pay for the perks you already have (oh yeah, and you get the extra perk of your cabin being ready upon boarding that you didn't get prior to FTTF) but I don't really care, sorry. I'll never be plat or dia because I would never limit myself to sailing only one line so of course I will jump on the opportunity to pay for the perks if I think they will be of benefit to me.

Edited by Clipper123

I'll never be plat or dia because I would never limit myself to sailing only one line so of course I will jump on the opportunity to pay for the perks if I think they will be of benefit to me.

For the record, I've been fortunate enough to have traveled on 11 different cruise lines, so Carnival isn't getting all of my business.

Some of us feel that the all new improved VIFP program wasn't all it was touted to be, and then they add this new money making opportunity, just seemed like a slap in the face, especially since some people actually lost perks they previously had because you were not grandfathered into Diamond and no opportunity is being given, as Carnival is doing for those close to Platinum, by extending the date by which you can still achieve 10 cruises vs days cruised.

Just kinda makes us not feel very special. But I don't blame anyone for taking the opportunity because it is definitely priced right.

Edited by CWcruisers

I am traveling with 3, 5 (special needs ODD, RAD, G-J tube, and sensory issues), and 7 year olds. I snapped it up.

We travel with a crap ton of stuff, esp medical equipment and will have approx 400 oz of ready to feed formula with us that I refuse to check because it is irreplaceable by insurance if lost. I want to go straight to my room and put it all down. My son does NOT quietly wait in line for an hour unless he's in a stroller and I really don't want to bring a double stroller on board. I gladly paid the money for my room to be ready immediately and to put down all of our stuff.

If it was just me and my husband, I probably wouldn't have. But traveling with 3 small kids on an itinerary with a tender port, I was glad to get it.

Edited by luvsviola

I am still on the fence on to purchase or not<if it even gets offered on my cruise> so far it isn't. This will be our 7th cruise with CCL and we always go straight to our cabins once on the ship. Curious since it has been 5 years since we cruised with them if this is something they do now by asking you to not go directly to your room. Our last cruise when we showed up to port we must have reached some different level or something because we were given a different colored sail and sign and placed in what appeared to be VIP of some sort section as we went straight thru the lines. $50.00 to get on/ off especially during tender times would probably be worth it to me along with the other perks....:confused:

I am still on the fence on to purchase or not<if it even gets offered on my cruise> so far it isn't. This will be our 7th cruise with CCL and we always go straight to our cabins once on the ship. Curious since it has been 5 years since we cruised with them if this is something they do now by asking you to not go directly to your room. Our last cruise when we showed up to port we must have reached some different level or something because we were given a different colored sail and sign and placed in what appeared to be VIP of some sort section as we went straight thru the lines. $50.00 to get on/ off especially during tender times would probably be worth it to me along with the other perks....:confused:

The staterooms are not ready and are blocked off until 1:30pm.

Where are you given the opportunity to purchase this? Is it in the online check in section? And I would only have to purchase it for one of the 4 of us for our stateroom?

Rats - just read on Carnival's website that its not available on the Glory right now.

Edited by startin_to_cruise