A different Wine question.

I am from North Western Pennyslvania and the wineries around here are plentyful. It seems that when I go I but a case or so anyways having a stock, therefore I never go to the Wine and Spirt Store...

Now my problem!

Were leaving in a month for the Allure and I was going to go bring my 2 bottles but I dont know what kind I like because of this.

I like a sweet or Semi-Sweet white or blush...any recommendations of what is available in Ft. Lauderdale? Im more into the taste so it doesnt have to be an expensive. But I think we can rule out Boonze Farm..(now that was a walk down memory lane)

Thanks

I am from North Western Pennyslvania and the wineries around here are plentyful. It seems that when I go I but a case or so anyways having a stock, therefore I never go to the Wine and Spirt Store...

Now my problem!

Were leaving in a month for the Allure and I was going to go bring my 2 bottles but I dont know what kind I like because of this.

I like a sweet or Semi-Sweet white or blush...any recommendations of what is available in Ft. Lauderdale? Im more into the taste so it doesnt have to be an expensive. But I think we can rule out Boonze Farm..(now that was a walk down memory lane)

Thanks

I really enjoy Riesling. I also like White Merlot, a Beringer wine. Purchase a bottle at home and see if you like it. Total Wine is not far from port in FLL. They have everything. If you are taking a taxi to port you can make a stop there. No need to fly with bottles. :)

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/guide-to-wine/riesling.cfm

BeringerWM2.jpg

Now my problem!

Thanks

I am also from Northwest PA (New Castle) and could say the same thing. We often get White Zinfandel (which is a blush) and this serves my taste.

We have yet to carry it on though - just use our BOGO coupons.

Another vote for Riesling. We like the German rieslings since they are sweeter. I also suggest you try a bottle at home to see if you like it. Go to the state store and tell the clerk that you want to buy a sweet riesling (pronounced REEZ-ling). We like Schmidt Sohne. It comes in a blue bottle and has a cork. You would also probably like the Berringer White Zinfandel. If you find one you like with a screw off top, all the better as it would save taking a cork screw, but that wouldn't be the main criteria. Have a great cruise!

Buying wine is not the problem, the problem is Im not sure that is sold here in Pa will be available in Ft. Lauderdale. Thats why I wanted some suggestions..which so far have been very good ones, Thank You

You could go to Total Wine's website and shop the FLL store, pick out what you want, and purchase it for in store pickup.

I agree with the above posters that Riesling is the way to go. You state you like sweet or semi wines so I suggest that you look for a Spatlese riesling from Mosel Germany.

Spatlese is a late harvest wine, which is a sweeter wine. While it is is sweet like many North American late harvest wines, Spatlese wine often seem to have just a kiss of sweetness. They are very nice, balanced and a joy to sip on.

Bon voyage!

Gary Killops

My vote is for white melot. I am drinking a glass of it as I type. I picked it up a few years ago my mistake. I thought I was picking up white zin. It is so much better. The Gallo and Sutterhome are just as good as Berringers.

I know what I am bring on my next cruies. :D

Irene

I really enjoy Riesling. I also like White Merlot, a Beringer wine. Purchase a bottle at home and see if you like it. Total Wine is not far from port in FLL. They have everything. If you are taking a taxi to port you can make a stop there. No need to fly with bottles. :)

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/guide-to-wine/riesling.cfm

BeringerWM2.jpg

I just tried the Beringer white merlot and it is a great cheap wine!!!

I prefer sweet Reds and whites, while my DH is strictly a white wine man. We both love Conundrum, which is a mixed white (from California, I believe). We have had it on the ship (at an exhorbitant mark-up) and can buy it in Canada, so I would think you would be able to get it in FL.

I prefer sweet Reds and whites, while my DH is strictly a white wine man. We both love Conundrum, which is a mixed white (from California, I believe). We have had it on the ship (at an exhorbitant mark-up) and can buy it in Canada, so I would think you would be able to get it in FL.

I may like to try that. Which one? :)

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/search/Conundrum

I would call Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale a few days prior to your sailing if you would like personalized recommendations from the folks there who really are very knowledgeable and helpful. You can tell them what you like and what you'd like to spend. They can have it ready for you so all you have to do is pop in and pick it up. You can also do purchase for pick-up on their website.

Have you ever tried a moscato? I picked up a bottle of Cavit Moscato at a BJ's in Ft Lauderdale before we cruised. It is sweet and yummy.

Oh yes, Moscato...How could I forget. So my two bottles for our next cruise will be Reisling and Moscato...That bubbly Moscato goes right to your head. :D

Archived