Bottle of Champagne in Sun AD 8002 up for grabs

dcd34

Just an FYI to those who will be staying in AD 8002 on the Sun, in the spirit of Casshew, who left Shoreguy her champagne last year in the same room, I have left my big bottle of bubbly tucked well behind the TV. Hopefully, someone on here will find it before the cabin stewards! It really is placed far back there, so it should be Ok for a while! I left it May 29th.

Good luck!

I almost forgot to post it on here at all!

Anyhow, richtersl, thanks for your review of the room. It helped make my decision to stay there.

I have to admit, the non-see through balcony was a pain in the butt though.

Just an FYI to those who will be staying in AD 8002 on the Sun, in the spirit of Casshew, who left Shoreguy her champagne last year in the same room, I have left my big bottle of bubbly tucked well behind the TV. Hopefully, someone on here will find it before the cabin stewards! It really is placed far back there, so it should be Ok for a while! I left it May 29th.

Good luck!

rofl! the tradition continues :D

It's right behind this TV Unit!

8202-cabin22.jpg

Good luck!

What a GREAT idea!

A nice surprise for some lucky person.

Ah. Those pictures remind me of the similar table I had Eggs Benedict on every single morning. Man, that was tasty. Along with some wheat toast, fruit, and chocolate milk. The butlers set up the table with a linen tablecloth, and really pamper you.

This cabin (8002) opened up today for my cruise (8/28), but they are not upselling for that cruise yet (I called the upsell number and they said try again in 3 weeks). After paying $1000 total to move up from category K to the AE I currently have (an aft cabin - 0267), I can't justify paying another thousand (well, actually $950) to move from the AE to the AD. I tried talking deal with them, but they said they aren't ready to do so yet.

JR

Oh well, someone scooped it up again:( ...

Edited to say that it is now available again - maybe an agent had a hold on it briefly:confused:

For those who have cruised in an AE aft cabin and this cabin (8002), is it really worth $950 to move up to this cabin or should I stay where I am in 0267?

JR

• 1 month later...

What type of Champagne do you get? (and sorry I do plan on drinking it) I hope it is not really cheap stuff like cook's or something. Although how bad can any champagne be? :D

also do you have a link to richtersl review? I am not going until Christmas 2006 but am WAY too excited!

Oh well, someone scooped it up again:( ...

Edited to say that it is now available again - maybe an agent had a hold on it briefly:confused:

For those who have cruised in an AE aft cabin and this cabin (8002), is it really worth $950 to move up to this cabin or should I stay where I am in 0267?

JR

Stay with the AF. A great way to see Alaska out of the wind. I took the upsell from the AF to 8002 last August. It was a hard decision. But with 3 of us the extra space, giant balcony, and the butler won out. I still want to cruise in the AF on the Sun. FYI total cost of the upsell for 3 was $500. :)

Archived