Taking the KIDS - Houston or Galveston??

ciship

I hear Galveston can be kind of college crazy in the summer months in Galveston. We are taking our children on this next cruise. Should we stay somewhere in Houston (and what is there to do for kids??) or should we BRAVE Galveston with our children?? Are their safe, clean resorts in Galveston?

• 1 month later...

ciship.....

I would recommend that it is okay to head into Galveston.

There is nothing great in Galveston, though... I hope you do not have your expectations too high.

We stayed at The Hotel Galvez. It is right across the street from the beach. It is not a beach that I would visit.

The Hotel Galvez is very nice....very safe.

There are others, too.....

We actually cruised out of Houson rather than Galveston (NCL Sea) and stayed near the IAH airport. If you have time, however, I'd recommend taking them to the Johnson Space Center. My son, age 22, walked inside, took one look and said "if I was about 8 years old, I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven."

It looked like it would be a wonderful place to spend at least half a day with younger kids.

we have stayed At Nasa Clear Lake area often for this. Town Place suites by marriot is next to space center and boardwalk at kemah, great food at Pappadeux.. you can also do priceline for this area, stayed Hilton there before for 50 a night as well. its nice too. Galveston is the beach area, old resort city adn the strand downtown for tourist shops. several properties let you leave car there too. but we book online at Ezcruise parking for 45 a week to leave the car.. have a ball, rhapsody is funnnnnn

lrskier

Archived