Faster to the Fun

PA Beachlovers

I had FTTF for my Liberty cruise over Thanksgiving and I would pay for it again. I had 2 rooms but just being able to get to my room to drop off my carryons was worth it alone but the real benefit was going to the FTTF line at Guest Services. I had a few things I needed to go there for, even just cashing Travelers Checks and the regular line was always long. I waited in the FTTF no longer then 5 minutes each time. Most times I walked right up. If you have to tender, then that too is a great benefit. Even though we had an issue in Belize, in Grand Cayman, I was put right on the tender as soon as I was ready. I would definately pay for all these benefits again.

If it were available for the Valor on April 7, 2013, it'd be showing up under shore excursions, correct? I'm not seeing it, so I guess it isn't an option for me. :(

We bought FTTF for our 1/27 Valor cruise in October. So it might show up anytime. Just keep checking under shore excursions. It was the first one listed.

You don't have FTTF just because you are platinum. FTTF is actually many of the Platinum features EXCEPT the room readiness benefit from my understanding. Unless they added the room benefit to Platinum, you would basically be paying $50 for the only benefit of getting in your room early.

But yes, once you are let in you can stay in or come and go as you want. The fire doors may be shut so you will have to open them up each time (to keep other passengers out of the halls) and there may be lots of stuff in the hall but you can get to your room and it will be ready for you.

According to the decription of Faster to the Fun, Platinum and Diamond get the benefits of Faster to the Fun. Note the red highlighted line below.

Here is the decription of the excursion from the Carnival website.

Excursion Overview

• The Faster to the Fun price is not Per Person as listed. The $49.95 price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.
  • Space is Limited.
  • After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

MAXIMIZE YOUR VACATION FUN WITH CARNIVAL'S FASTER TO FUN PACKAGE. With this upgrade package, you get your own personal express lane to the FUN (and yes, FASTER!).

Excursion Description

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Sharon

I see on our upcoming cruise they now offer the Faster to the Fun program. It sounds like a good program but wondering if it is worth the money to board the ship early and avoid the lines, there are some other benefits included with it. The reviews on Carnival are all positive just wondering if anyone else has used this yet. It says there are a limited number sold for each cruise.

Just got off the Triumph Saturday where Pam & I used the F2F. Absolutely great for embarkation and debarkation. Even better for dropping off carry-ons before going to lunch on embarkation day. In our case, our luggage was not delivered as soon as we got on. As a matter of fact, I had to go find our last piece at around 5:30 PM. Our luggage tag with F2F logo on it had been removed. I went to the guest services dedicated line for F2F and complained. As a service recovery gesture CCL removed my F2F fee from my account. To me it was 1 of the best $50 spent and then credited back.

Is there anywhere listed on Carnival's website that has the complete list of ships with FTTF? I wish I knew if it was sold out, not available, or not available yet...

Log into your account and go to shore excursions. Select your departing port. If it is offered, it will show up there. If it is sold out, it will show up but you cannot select it. If it is not there, it is not being offered for that sailing.

Is there anywhere listed on Carnival's website that has the complete list of ships with FTTF? I wish I knew if it was sold out, not available, or not available yet...

As per Carnival:

Faster to the Fun has been rolled out to the following ships – the remainder of the fleet should be completed by March 2013.

Miami

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Breeze

Port Canaveral

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Dream

Galveston

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Magic

We are using it this week on the Ecstasy. We plan on being at the port early, and our main reason for doing it was to have immediate access to our cabin. We are only doing carry-on luggage, so we didn't want to have to schlep them around with us. I'll be glad to give a review when we're back.

I've yet to figure out how it's worth it. Here's what you get...

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

- Yes, you are near the first ones to get on, but you need to be there early for it to be a benefit. I arrive at port at 10:30, they don't let anyone on till 11:00 anyways, and I was still on by 11:30 without it. I can wait 30 minutes.

Even if you don't get there early, it's still a benefit. My sister and I arrived at the Miami cruise terminal right after they boarded the VIP and F2F folks, but as soon as they saw our boarding passes with FF emblazoned on them, we were whisked through security and then to the check-in kiosk. We were on the ship about ten minutes after entering the terminal.

Guaranteed Stateroom

- This may be a benefit to some. But does one really need in their stateroom 2 hours before they can? I carry my laptop in a bag around the ship and figure it's not that hard to do for 2 hours, after all, I'm spending 30-45 minutes of that eating and sitting.

For those with mobility issues, those who can't lug around a lot of carryon luggage, etc., this can be a godsend.

Express Luggage

- I can't argue against this. To some this may be huge. But I've always had my luggage arrive by 5:00 pm.

Ours was at our cabin literally 2 minutes after we got there. Impressive since we had just seen it no more than 45 minutes before, curbside.

Guest Services

- Never had an issue where the line wasn't that bad. Maybe just me, but only had to use Guest Services on one cruise and that wasn't a Carnival cruise.

Except late at night, I never saw the line at GS smaller than 5 or 6 people and at times it stretched down that hall. We had a serious stateroom issue (ended up having to get moved) and I have NO doubt I saved at least an hour's wait-time that first night.

Tender Priority

- Only tendered once and I walked up to the tender and off the boat. Maybe some ships/ports have lines, haven't see them.

What port was that?

Long tendering waits are one of the most common complaints you'll see here. Some ports, like Belize and Grand Cayman, are legendary.

Debarkation

- I thought one could get off whenever they want if they do self-assist? I guess if you want your luggage taken off for you then it may help you get an earlier number as I believe you can only request later numbers at guest services. I do self-assist and leave when I feel like it.

For those who don't travel lightly, having the option of leaving early (we had Zone 1) can be really critical, especially if you have an early flight. WE didn't, but we were able to get an early shuttle back to the hotel where we had parked the car for free.

No. I just added it to our cruise in July. However, since our cruise is not paid in full, I had to pay with a CC rather than add to my account. I think that was the only option.

Any excursions you book through Carnival need to be paid for at the time you book them. FTTF is considered an excursion so it cannot be added to your account. You would need to pay the $50 when you book it.

Archived