Dawn Garden Villa review 1/6/13

ksimpso3

looking at Cagneys on deck 13 and garden cafe on deck 12 from elevator

ry%3D400

my husband shooting hoops (his morning routine)

ry%3D400

the hallway in garden villa

ry%3D400

the venetian

ry%3D400

the grand atrium

ry%3D400

the lobby of deck 14(garden villas)

ry%3D480

My husband and girls came back a little later with 2 couples they had met on the walk back. We had a nice time showing off the villa and mixing up drinks (had to use the alcohol up anyhow). We then showered and got ready for our dinner in Teppanyaki (it was the only reservation we made all week. Virginia told us we had one night in any specialty restaurant of our choice for free.) My mother wasn't too thrilled about trying it, but she liked it. The food was excellent, but the space was tight, and crammed in the back of another restaurant? It was a little strange. There are two grills with seating at each for 10. The other table had 4 kids total(all under 10 it seemed) and I was concerned about that as kids can get antsy at dinner especially later, but they were all very well behaved. I had surf and turf...excellent!

That was us :) Thank you so much for the hospitality (and the drinks)!!!!!! I hope you are staying warm back in NY!!!! PS... how did you post pictures? I cannot figure it out :(

That was us :) Thank you so much for the hospitality (and the drinks)!!!!!! I hope you are staying warm back in NY!!!! PS... how did you post pictures? I cannot figure it out :(

I downloaded them all to shutterfly then just copy from there and paste onto your post. It's freezing in NY:(!! Glad we got to meet you. Keep working on your mother;)maybe you can stay in there too:D

my older daughter signed up for dolphin swim ($89 I think) she loved it!!! got to do it by herself too, so lots of one-on-one with dolphins.

ry%3D480

Thanks so much for posting your review!

One quick question...did your daughter sign up for her dolphin swim through the boat?

Thanks so much for posting your review!

One quick question...did your daughter sign up for her dolphin swim through the boat?

No. We hadn't even thought about doing it but while we were laying in sun at Senors Frogs we noticed the dolphins. My daughter just went over and asked how much and they signed her up. I think she was by herself because all the ship tours already booked had finished. They did charge it through NCL though, so it was same as if ordering from ship. She loved it!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the trip report and all the great pictures. We're booked in Apr for the GV Suites on the Star. Really looking forward to it now! Looks and sounds like we're gonna have the time of our lives. Thanks for taking your time posting all that info.

Thanks for the trip report and all the great pictures. We're booked in Apr for the GV Suites on the Star. Really looking forward to it now! Looks and sounds like we're gonna have the time of our lives. Thanks for taking your time posting all that info.

You will LOVE it!!!! Are you in 14000 or 14500? The only difference I think is 14000 has the kitchen while 14500 has a bar area. It was absolutely amazing!! I have some pictures of the Star garden villa while it was docked next to us in Cozumel:

The garden area

ry%3D400

This one shows the enormity of the upper balcony!

ry%3D400

They saw us!!

ry%3D400

We were in 14000 so this was as close as I could get with my camera. It was neat to see them as they sailed away.

Thanks for sharing, We are on the Dawn in May (notGV:() your pictures make me want to stay there!

If you ever get a chance, you will not be sorry. Grab 5 other people to go with you, and go off season, and you will see it really is not that expensive. What room are you staying in? We were in 11062 on our first trip on Dawn and loved it as well.

You will LOVE it!!!! Are you in 14000 or 14500? The only difference I think is 14000 has the kitchen while 14500 has a bar area. It was absolutely amazing!! I have some pictures of the Star garden villa while it was docked next to us

We will be in 14500. It's the outside Villa part of these rooms that I think I'm going to most enjoy. Can't believe the size of these.

BTW - SSSSShhhhhhh on the affordability of these when you get 5-6 people involved. The more popular they get, the more they'll cost, and I'm stretching this one as it is!! :cool: Again thanks for posting the review and all the pictures.

We will be in 14500. It's the outside Villa part of these rooms that I think I'm going to most enjoy. Can't believe the size of these.

BTW - SSSSShhhhhhh on the affordability of these when you get 5-6 people involved. The more popular they get, the more they'll cost, and I'm stretching this one as it is!! :cool: Again thanks for posting the review and all the pictures.

The upper balcony was what I was most excited about. Just being able to lay in sun and not have to fight for lounger near pool was the greatest benefit to me. I loved laying up there listening to band playing by the pool. We also made use of the hottub...it got kinda chilly at night especially on that balcony with the breeze, so it was great to just head down the stairs and hop in the hottub. We didn't make much use of sauna (in my opinion, it would have been better to have a half bath in that space). ENJOY!!:D

We have stayed in 14500 twice and have loved it. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

If you ever get a chance, you will not be sorry. Grab 5 other people to go with you, and go off season, and you will see it really is not that expensive. What room are you staying in? We were in 11062 on our first trip on Dawn and loved it as well.

I booked us 5030 because we are ok with an Oceanview and it is a play on numbers :). We are celebrating our "50" Birthdays and our "30th" Wedding Anniversary!

We had an Oceanview our first cruise, so we know what to expect and have decided the cabins are roomier than our camper :D! Plus this isn't camping! Someone else makes my bed.

I love the idea of getting a group together and booking the GV though.

What a wonderful view from that balcony. Was that the balcony off your room?? We are staying in a family suite in August and I cannot wait. I know the childrens faces are going to simply light up when they see the boat and how beautiful it is!

Yes, the views from our balcony were awesome. The garden villa balcony was above the living room and bedrooms of the villa. It was massive. If you look at post #43 in this thread, the last 3 pictures are of suite 12526...one of the new family suites. I don't know if these are the one you have, but they were very large and balcony was large as well. Enjoy your cruise. We plan to bring our nephew with his 3 young children next year...can't wait to see their faces either:)