facilities in cabin

Jimjamz

Hi. We are newbies at this but will be on our first cruise in July on the Fantasia out of Venice. Just wondering what they provide in the cabin with regards to toiletries (and are they restocked) a hair dryer, one of those pull out clothes lines in the bathroom and anything else. Particularly want to know about hairdryer - need to know whether to pack or not. Thanks.

Hi. We are newbies at this but will be on our first cruise in July on the Fantasia out of Venice. Just wondering what they provide in the cabin with regards to toiletries (and are they restocked) a hair dryer, one of those pull out clothes lines in the bathroom and anything else. Particularly want to know about hairdryer - need to know whether to pack or not. Thanks.

1:- toiletries;

MSC do provide toiletries, though they are now going over to the dispenser on the wall of the shower/bath which are replenished by the cabin steward. You may have to ask him/her if they are low. Typically they are MSC own branded shower gel and shampoo. there is usually a small bar of soap by the sink and one one occasion they also supplied toothpaste but that didn't happen on our last cruise. There is likely to be a shower cap as well.

2:- Hairdrier;

We have always had a hairdrier mostly in a drawer in the vanity unit in the cabin. and moderately powerful

3;- Washing line;

The cabins we have had ( which have a bath as well as a shower over the bath) have all had pull out washing lines, not sure about cabins with showers only, though I suspect they will have one

You'll probably find a bottle opener on the wall in the bathrom, i don't know why?

Photo of the bottle opener

P1020692_zpsed991a82.jpg

Pete

I do recall spending ages looking for a bottle opener in and around the mini bar. Ended up phoning housekeeping to ask if I could be provided with one, to be told there was one on the bathroom wall - had never thought of looking there!

It's not just MSC that put bottle openers in the bathroom , RCI do it as well. Here is the bottle opener in our cabin on Splendour of the Seas. ( how much closer to the loo roll could they have put it?)

P1010177.jpg

Pete

you can just see the picture reflected in the mirror with the bottle opener and loo roll

Why anyone would want to open a bottle in the bathroom when there is a bottle opened in the bar area I just don't know?

P1000924-1_zps8b233dcc.jpg

Thumnail of the bar area of the cabin

P1000922-1_zps5dca4cff.jpg

Pete

• 2 months later...

Little bit late to this thread, but perhaps it's in the bathroom so that if people spill while opening it's easier to clean off tiles? Otherwise I could see the carpets stinking of beer if you had messy people staying there.

Little bit late to this thread, but perhaps it's in the bathroom so that if people spill while opening it's easier to clean off tiles? Otherwise I could see the carpets stinking of beer if you had messy people staying there.

Good thinking Thoie ! Or if you wanted a quiet beer on your own whilst in the bath ;)

I do recall spending ages looking for a bottle opener in and around the mini bar. Ended up phoning housekeeping to ask if I could be provided with one, to be told there was one on the bathroom wall - had never thought of looking there!

I had a similar experience but ended up improvising with my nail clippers.

Why is there a bottle opener in the shower/bath room? Why don't I have one in mine at home?

Seeing the photo of the two washbasins together, I am reminded of a property I viewed in Turkey that had two toilet basins side by side as the height of luxury. It is am image I have unfortunately been unable to remove from my mind. Are husband and wife or a loving couple really going to sit side by side on the loo? I had to be careful with the h's there. Two washbasins brings the image back to me every time.

Archived