B2B Monarch/Brilliance with A SOY DAIRY GLUTEN CORN SUGAR FREE KID*ALLERGIC TO CRAB*

foxesden1

My husband's bag was three pounds over - and AA check in staff told us to pay the fee's or unload something- the line was getting bigger,so the only thing we could unload was my DH Harry Rosen suite. (Sorry but its a Canada thing). We had found some mouth holes in it on the trip,so we were going to replace it regardless). The staff member seemed shocked that we were leaving it,but I pointed out to her she was forcing us. We either pay crazy baggage fee's for 3 pounds or lose 3pounds from our bag.

She never offered to let us go over,and told us, she would "see that the suit went to the homeless man who lived at the airport".

555175_10152455658660065_128786103_n.jpg

If you are like us,and drink coffee BUY it before you go through security. The coffee on the other side is just.. undrinkable.

480371_10152455658705065_447793075_n.jpg

582433_10152455658675065_332966346_n.jpg

45916_10152455658785065_1794242800_n.jpg

321318_10152455186845065_166395228_n.jpg

582532_10152455186760065_783153749_n.jpg

Post Cruise Review

So, in hind site, I would NEVER do such a tight B2B with travel again. It was just to much work, hassle,and stress. I would do a B2B if it were on the same ship, a taxi ride away, maybe even FLL to MIA.But that is about it.

SPECIAL FOOD NEEDS

As I said before - the MDR does a great job - not so much anywhere else on the ship. It makes for tricky food options in between breakfast and dinner.

Make sure you bring lots of snacks and fill in meal options.

New Cruise- we bought four, are waiting for the 2015 dates to come up. Fingerscrossed they will be sailing out of San Diego again - as we plan on doingthat,with a 5 night B2B out of FLL. For the near future we have two CCL booked - in 2014.

Thank you for staying with me for the worlds LONGEST review to finish - and I will start to scan up and load as soon as I can!

Great review-thanks so much for all of the information. In Guadeloupe what is in the bottles in the picture at the market(after the spices) and did you make it to the bakery? If so was it worth the visit? Having been there can we make do with U.S. dollars or would you recommend we get the euros, possibly from the ship? Thank you and your daughter is a sweetheart!

sorry I have no finished this review. but miss em has been taking up alot of my time. she has quite a few things going on, that we are testing for.

so far we have confirmed celiac and crohns. we are doing more tests this week.

i am so sorry i have not scanned images, and cruise imfo, but its been alittle crazy. :rolleyes:

anyway thanks for understanding everyone!

T

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much.

UPDATE on documents. Well as you can tell, I have not done it yet. Miss Em is quite ill, and we are still testing/looking at what the final peice is. I hope it comes soon. Its been a long time coming.

T

• 4 weeks later...

This thread was suggested to me when I posted about allergies. I want to say thank you for such a wonderful review and all of the detail regarding allergies. It is really hard to find good information. My son is allergic to chemicals and cannot eat anything "artificial" meaning food dye, preservatives, hfcs, etc. I am having tons of anxiety about how we will manage, but it gives me lots of hope as you managed well with a much limited menu. You are a wonderful mom! I hope Ms Em is doing well!

My daughter right now - is still not 100%.

We have been referred to Minto - and are trying to work out what else is going on. She can not process sugars, fats, or carbs (fruit as well) processed foods, dyes, etc.

BUT we still carry on, and I in fact I just booked a 25 might 2B2 cruise tonight for 2015! The food will be limited, bring as many snacks (hard I know with limited pre packaged foods) as you can.

• 3 months later...

This was a fantastic review!!! You did a wonderful job and a magnificent job as a mother to your daughter Emily! I was guided to your review because I was inquiring about my nephew who has severe food allergies.

Archived