Carribean Princess vs. HAL Westerdam

don512

We are thinking about doing a western Carribean cruise next year on either the Carribean Princess or the Westerdam. We have sailed on HAL a couple times before, but never on Princess. Outside of knowing that the Princess ship is larger, I have no idea what the differences would be between the two ships or even the two cruiselines. Any help?

Friends of ours recently returned from the Westerdam after a Carribean Princess trip. Their first (and last) with HAL. Felt the much-touted service overall on HAL was lacking with the exception of the specialty restaurant and found the food inferior to Princess as well.

Not to stir the pot....but that was their experience. If you haven't tried Princess thus far - why not get a first hand perspective!

Rob

I will be able to answer your question when I return from the Caribbean Princess on July 2!

However, I loved the Westerdam last summer in Europe. The ship was spectacular, as was the food and service.

I am looking forward to seeing if the Caribbean Princess can equal the Westerdam.

Archived