Neworleans booking insanity

dyson

Ok guys and gals I need some help

i am booked on the May 5th cruise on the conquest

We wend on the elation in September

and the spirit in April < all of this will make sense in a minute>

in April before the airport we stayed in the holiday inn meterie la they offer a cruise and stay and a shuttle we loved them but lost teh card

in September we stayed at the quality inn they offered a shuttle to but we hated it there the staff was rude and the rooms were dirty

so right fater we got back i tracked down the correct hotel from April and booked there for may

during the holidays my car was broken into and all my paper work was taken in my "go" bag. < because they took the bad.

you see after i book i print my papers and boarding passes and keep them in my car that way everything is right there no forgetting anything

< I did that before long story>

i called holiday inn today to confirm my reservation and try to rebuild my new go bag. and they have lost my booking <conveniently> and they now require a three day book> i tried to explain the situation to them but it fell on deaf ears.Now I am less than three months away with no hotel

I only need one day and a place to park possibly a shuttle

the thing is its me and my wife and two kids so I don't want to make a 5-6 hour drive there in the morning and be wasted the first day of the cruise.

can anyone recommend a hotel that will also include parking and maybe a shuttle that will allow a 1 day booking that's in a good area.

so all in all HELP

I don't understand why you can't just go back online and re-print another copy of any bookings you made. Any bookings I make are always in my email or the history/my bookings page of the online booking websites.

Anyway, check the Homeports page for N'awlins hotel info.

It would help if you had your booking number. If they didn't "lose" your booking and you guaranteed to a credit card, they will probably charge your credit card as a no show.

The last weekend in April and the first weekend in May is always Jazz Festival time in New Orleans and hotels can be at a premium. Many could have minimum stays. I tend to doubt you will find any sort of cruise specials now.

Your previous info has no bearing on the story, and is just confusing.

You made a reservation, printed the confirmation, put it in your "go bag"(whatever that is), and now your go bag got stolen. So reprint your confirmation, end of story.

Dyson, I am also on the May 5 Conquest and booked a room at Quality Inn in Gretna months ago. I must have slipped in early with a one night booking (another couple did as well) because now they do required multiple nights stay, but have to rooms available. The reviews are mixed for this hotel, so just for fun I looked around a little to see if there were other options out there. There is nothing to be had for a one night stay that weekend because of Jazz Fest.

What exactly was the problem with this hotel when you stayed there?

I am hoping that it will be fine for one night, it seems to be popular with cruisers.

Ok I will try to answer all the statements above even the rude ones

First of all. I can't reprint my confirmation because I no longer have it. Either my

Email purging or I deleted it by mistake

My go bag is a carry on bag that will include the often forgotten items

Extra medical supplies. Car usb charger. Reservation information

Map of area. Boarding passes puzzle books. Ear buds. Etc.

Once I make reservations in put everything in it and keep it in my car

That way I know it's there

Never had a issue before

As for the back information being pointless I was explaining why I booked in October for a cruise in may

As for the lost reservation I find it unusual that a single day was lost and i was offered

To get the same room if I book for three days

Lastly

The quality in was bad in my opinion because the room was dirty

The shower didnt work right

The beds were the cheap hard motel beds if you know what I mean

The breakfast was awful.

And when I approached the front desk they acted like they didn't care

They did offer a shuttle but the driver had his very young son do in the work

While he sat there

Does anyone have any ideas

Maybe a decent hotel and a parking lot idea I have heard there are some

Holiday Inn is chain. If you called the hotel directly I can see them giving you some excuse to upsell your reservation. Try calling the national number and ask for assistance if you haven't done so already. Your credit card was used as a hold plus they emailed you the confirmation. Even if you deleted it from your mailbox, they should be able to find it by your name, date and email address. Otherwise if you don't address this, as someone mentioned above, you could be charged for a no show since (I am assuming) you don't have a cancellation number.

I've driven to New Orleans quite a few times for a cruise (13 hrs). In all honesty, I find the Fulton Street Garage the best way to go. It's $12 a day but so easy and convienant to park and shuttle over. Then find something in the outskirts for the overnight stay. We've stayed in Hattisburg and drove in the day of before. I tried to look up Hotwire/Priceline but the prices are quite high so odds are any park, stay & cruise packages are gone due to the festival.

Archived