February 2014

Yulz X Asylum

Hey all,

So im looking for some recommendations. This is the best place to look and ask.

In February 2014 myself and 7 others ( Girlfriends and their Significant others) are looking at going on a cruise in the Caribbean for College Graduation. Mind you we will all be over 21 at the point and under 25.

I myself have gone on 11 cruises now so ive been to too many stops, and my friend has gone on about 5. the others havent really gone on any.

Ive travelled with Costa and Royal Caribbean so mainly lean towards those two while my friend has travelled with RC, Carnival and Princess, one on each and a few on carnival.

Though the main question i'm asking is which ships and which ports of call would you recommend for us!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated since we do want to try booking in September but of course got to hunt!!

Thank you!

Carnival, RCCL or NCL! See my post about 'Carnival vs. Princess'. On our last Costa (our 5th) Europeans discoverd Costa was doing the Caribbean. A LOT of pasengers did not speak English and announcements were not only in English. In the dining room for breakfast and lunch you were asked if you wanted the menu in English, Italian, French, German or Dutch!

If you're going for the ship I would choose Freedom, Oasis or Allure. If you are more into the destination, I would find a cruise to Southern Caribbean visiting Aruba,Curacao, St Martin, or head toward St Lucia and Barbados.

Have fun! Congratulations on graduating.:D

Because you are seasoned cruisers and have probably done the eastern/western routes to death, I'd recommend the southern Caribbean out of San Juan. But that's my own personal bias.

As someone else said, it depends in large part on whether you're more interested in the ship/sea days or the ports of call. Based on your past history, which seems to encompass Carnival, Costa, Royal and Princess, I'm thinking sticking to the middle-of-the-road lines might be the most generally appealing - perhaps Royal or Princess. Neither are specifically luxury or budget offerings. Given your ages, Royal might be best as it tends to draw a younger crowd than Princess.

ENJOY!

Archived