LaQuinta Airport East...where can I buy...

RainbowsMist

flats or water or soda near the hotel? We have SAS booked to pick us up at FLL and take us to our hotel so we won't have a rental car. I've tried looking online and can't find anything. What about POM, is there a place there you can purchase these?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

To the best of my recollection, there is no store near the hotel to buy flats/cases of water or soda. We did walk once to a bar/liquor store to buy wine for our cruise. I'd say it was approx. 3/4 mile away. Possibly they sell it there - though I don't recall seeing more than individual serving bottles of soda & I'd think it would be a long distance carrying cases of water.

Also, it involved crossing a road that was difficult to cross at one point.

I'm not sure why you are paying SAS to take you for a 45 minute trip to a MIA airport area hotel -- couldn't you find an equivalent priced hotel close to FLL and just have SAS take you to POM? :confused:

LQ East is fairly isolated - the closest place is the next door Embassy Suites where dinner in the dining room will likely cost more than your room! :eek: Maybe you can ask the hotel shuttle driver to take you someplace to buy water/soda the night before, otherwise you should cab to a store and then cab back. There is nothing close to POM -- CVS and the Bayside Market are a $10 (each way :() cab ride from/to the port.

I would rethink my plan to stay near FLL or forget about the water and soda. Good luck! :)

I'm not sure why you are paying SAS to take you for a 45 minute trip to a MIA airport area hotel -- couldn't you find an equivalent priced hotel close to FLL and just have SAS take you to POM? :confused:

LQ East is fairly isolated - the closest place is the next door Embassy Suites where dinner in the dining room will likely cost more than your room! :eek: Maybe you can ask the hotel shuttle driver to take you someplace to buy water/soda the night before, otherwise you should cab to a store and then cab back. There is nothing close to POM -- CVS and the Bayside Market are a $10 (each way :() cab ride from/to the port.

I would rethink my plan to stay near FLL or forget about the water and soda. Good luck! :)

My parents are flying into MIA and we're meeting them at the hotel. We're a family of 6 and flights were MUCH cheaper into FLL. SAS is only $15 per person to La Quinta. La Quinta also offers free transportation from MIA and to POM. It was our best choice.

I'm not overly concerned now about the water/soda. I was just wondering if I was missing something when searching for nearby stores.

Archived