What to do with odd day in Nassau?

tominabox1

Senior Frogs is nearby and it's entertainment in and of itself! :) Senior Frogs is geared towards the tourist and the prices reflect it, but the Pina Coladas there were delicious! You have the infamous straw market to browse around in and there is also a self guided walking tour you can do. I came across the map to that when I googled it. Enjoy!

Junkanoo Beach is free and walking distance from the shop, though there might be a charge for loungers and shade.

Cable Beach is a taxi or bus ride and is probably less crowded than Junkanoo.

If you want to stay with a ship excursion, there's a Blue Lagoon Beach Break for $64pp. Includes transportation to the private island, beach mat, lunch.

We were on Monarch back in September (same weird hours) and got a day pass at Sheraton. It costs $30 a person and includes the beach, pools and non-motorized watersports. Drinks are extra - there's a bar by the pool. You can get there on the #10 bus for $1.25 a person.

If you are only there from noon to midnight I recommend a shallow water dive or snorkel trip. There a some nice dive sites close by especially if you use bahamas divers. They are only a few minutes from the docks. Stuart cove has some great options too, but they are a little further away. You can find more info on these sites. I think most of the afternoon dives go out at 1.

http://www.allaboutparadiseisland.com/bahamas-scuba-diving/

http://stuartcove.com/snorkelmain.aspx?id=3

Archived