Parking at Jacksonville Port

mom2kids00

I want to get off the ship asap, get my car and hit the road. I have a 7 hour drive.

If that is the most important factor to you, park at the port. That is the way to go for the fastest getaway for your drive home.

You can save some money using alternative parking (or a park and cruise package at a local hotel), but it will cost you the time delay before you are in your car and on the road home.

We parked at the port in November because we did a drive by to look at the lot at Cruise Parking Jacksonville the day before our cruise and saw that they cram a TON of cars into their little dirt lot. They stack them two to three cars deep in rows and even had some stacked outside of the gate along the road side. We have a new car and were not comfortable with that so we paid the $75 for the port parking and it ended up being the best decision we made.

After the cruise, we tipped a porter $5 and he loaded our bags on a cart and pulled them through the customs check and to our car. He even helped my husband cram them back into the car. From the last ding of our S&S to pulling out of the parking lot took about 5 min. It was well worth the extra cash for us because there was no stress involved and we had a 12 hour drive home afterward.

I saw that but I think they have a scheduled shuttle? I want to get off the ship asap, get my car and hit the road. I have a 7 hour drive.

No scheduled shuttle when we parked there. Dropped off car, jumped on shuttle, off to port. On way back, walked out of terminal got in a line for the shuttle and there were constantly shuttles pulling up. Was on the shuttle and out of the lot in 10 minutes.

If in doubt call them. I called them and asked several questions...they were very nice about everything.

I have used them 8 out of the 9 times that I have cruised on the Fascination out of Jacksonville and will continue to use them. They are fantastic and their lot is cement, not dirt except behind the building and then it's grassy. Get there a little early and you won't have to park on the dirt. I have and it was not a big deal at all. You park and they get you right on a shuttle and you don't have to wait for them when you return from your cruise. They are out there waiting for you!

At first I was skeptical so we paid the enormous fee at the port but not anymore!

I used them in 2011 when it was $5 per day. We had no problems parking and the staff was friendly enough. It's a pretty small lot, which looked to me like it might have been a convenience store at one time. The place we parked was paved.

The big advantage to this lot is that it is literally just a mile or two from the port. We waited no more than 10 minutes for a shuttle to the port on embarkation day, though we did arrive pretty early. Catching the shuttle back was a little more hassle, but not too bad. We waited probably 15 minutes for a van ride that takes 5 minutes or less. Their drivers at the port were not great at communicating with customers and I remember there being some confusion about where to find the shuttle back to our car. Still, we did save substantially on parking fees so it was worth the minor hassle. I will probably use them again.

Their contact info:

http://www.cruiseparkingjacksonville.com/

Phone: 904-428-3788

We used them last Sept, and I wont again. I was very uncomfortable when I left my car there and worried all week. And we had to wait a good while while they fully loaded the van at departure.

The lot is very crowded and how my car didnt get dinged is beyond me. And they let you know on the ticket that they arent responsible for any dings or damages cause they cant inspect your car before you park. I can understand that, and with pier parking things can go wrong but these cars are PACKED in there, so you have a higher chance.

Archived