Non Alchoholic Drinks Package

canary1902

Please could someone answer these queries.

I am sailing in the Millenium on the 3/3/13 and am debating a non alcholic drinks package.

How do you obtain the water on a classic package, I understand the water for this package isnt branded.?

Are the speciality teas and coffees served in the restaurants?

Is there any limits of the amounts of soft or coffees I have each day?

Are the soft drinks packages served in all bars?

I do know that the packages cannot be shared.

Many Thanks :D

Please could someone answer these queries.

I am sailing in the Millenium on the 3/3/13 and am debating a non alcholic drinks package.

How do you obtain the water on a classic package, I understand the water for this package isnt branded.? The waiter/bartender will know what bottle of water to give you when your seapass card is presented. If you wish to take along a bottle of water on an excursion, there will be a table set up on the way off the ship and you just present your card to the attendent and pick up the bottle you want. You will be able to see which is the non-premium bottle.

Are the speciality teas and coffees served in the restaurants? yes

Is there any limits of the amounts of soft or coffees I have each day? no limits per say, however you are only allowed 1 per order. Should you wish an additional drink you need to wait about 5-15 mins. to order the next one.

Are the soft drinks packages served in all bars? yes and in all dining venues as well.

I do know that the packages cannot be shared.

Many Thanks :D

Have a great cruise :)

We had the classic non alcohol package in November on Solstice. The water was Crystaline brand. You can pick up a large bottle for your room fridge at any bar, as many times as you wish. Couldn't tell any difference from the more expensive stuff.

I did manage to get small sparkling Peligrino bottles from the Mast Bar a few times with the classic package. Premium non alcohol package includes Evian and Peligrino sparkling water.

No limits at all on the soft drinks and coffees with the package. Don't forget the freshly squeezed orange juice available in the buffet or MDR, included in the package :)

Canary,

We purchased the non-alcoholic beverage package on our last four cruises. As previously mentioned we were given the large bottle of generic water as we left the ship in every port. We on occasion were given the option of choosing the large bottle of the generic or a small bottle of Evian. If the bars run out of the Crystaline, they will give you the premium water but only the small bottle. After the first cruise we have purchased the plan on the ship. They normally put a stamp on your card signifying the purchase of the plan and is more recognizable by the attendants. If you do not plan to use it the first day, you will also save $28 (if purchasing two packages) by purchasing it on the morning of the second day.

We have thoroughly enjoyed the lattes, cappuccinos and other drinks from Café al Bacio. On one of our Caribbean cruises we purchased the Premium non-alcoholic package and enjoyed the frozen drinks at the pool. We found that option was the only addition to the Classic that we used. Have a great cruise!

Phil and Judy

Thank you both so much for your answers to my query. Im sure I will have a wonderful time. 15 of us are doung this trip to celebrate my daughter completing her nursing degree.:)

Congratulations to your daughter. :)

My daughter did the same, then went on to do a Ph.D, which she is just winding up.

Hi, I understand that we will get generic labelled water, and not the top brands.

However, we are from the uk and have never crusied before, I am not familiar with the brand used for generic water in the post above - please could someone confirm if the generic water in the classic package still comes with the choice of still or fizzy (carbonated) water?

Many thanks

Hi, I understand that we will get generic labelled water, and not the top brands.

However, we are from the uk and have never crusied before, I am not familiar with the brand used for generic water in the post above - please could someone confirm if the generic water in the classic package still comes with the choice of still or fizzy (carbonated) water?

Many thanks

Hi Devon Lady, you've made an excellent choice for your first ever cruise :)

Unfortunately, no, sparkling water is not included in the classic package. When I asked for sparkling water at the pool bar, they gave me canned soda water with ice, which is no different really. I often drink that at home. As I mentioned in my earlier post I occasionally managed to get a small Peligrino from the Mast Bar.

Hi Devon Lady, you've made an excellent choice for your first ever cruise :)

Unfortunately, no, sparkling water is not included in the classic package. When I asked for sparkling water at the pool bar, they gave me canned soda water with ice, which is no different really. I often drink that at home. As I mentioned in my earlier post I occasionally managed to get a small Peligrino from the Mast Bar.

Many thanks for clarifying - I will try out soda water. I drink quite a lot of sparkling water during the day, so may need to get the premium package. However, my husband prefers still water, so the classic will be fine for him.

We are sailing on Equinox in June and went for celebrity as our first cruise due to all the excellent reviews - cannot wait!

Devon Lady,

I always purchase the NA Premium beverage package.

I too love fizzy water! I would get SanPellegrino at any bar. I would take a bottle back to my stateroom in the late afternoon to use for the rest of the day. I would ask for a big bottle, no problem.

At dinner in MDR I would ask for San Pelligrino instead of plain water. After the

first night, our waiter always had my water glass filled with my preference.

I also got some of the NA drinks of the day, very refreshing. Soda by the pool and specialty coffee thorughout the day.

I really got my money's worth. I do drink martinis and other mixed dirnks but not enough to purchase that type of package.

I love the options Celebrity has for different type of cruisers.

We did not experience a waiting period between drinks on the Eclipse in December 2012. My wife had the NA premium package and I had the premium Alc package...if we had just had drinks (20 year martini for me and NA frozen drink for my wife) delivered in the Martini Bar and wanted a bottle of water, it was never a problem. Same thing in Cafe Al Bacio...if we had a coffee and wanted one to go, it just appeared. But then again, they may have also taken into consideration that we both had packages

Can one person in a cabin buy the non-alcholic package? And the other get no package? YES

What seems to be difference in the Classic and the Premium? regarding coffess, mocktails, frozen drinks?

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water. *Starting from: 14.00 USD Per Night

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

*Starting from: 18.00 USD Per Night

Can you have club soda? If that is the same as Soda Water - YES. And if you have the premiun package you can get sparkling mineral water - Perrier & San Pellegrino in small or large bottles from any bar and in the restaurants.

Thanks.

Cheers

Ando

What is the difference in Premium Coffess and Teas and Specialty Coffees and teas? What are category are the coffees (for a fee) served in the MDR ?

What particular non alcholic frozen drinks? Where do you order them? Will they make them to order in any bar?

Smoothies? Where do you order them?

Club soda comes in a can and is labeled such.... Most soda water I 've seen is bottled and may be the same thing?

Still wondering about the one package deal, I know that on the alcholic packages each person in a cabin must purchase but I haven't seen what the rule is for non alcholic. I do intend to purchase on ship. DH will not want one, he is happy with included beverages and wine by the bottle (by the glass does not work for him).

On the X web site under restaurants is a listing for Cafe al Bacio. On the right side near the bottom of the al Bacio page is a menu listing with prices. I believe it is the "other favorites" and "more favorites" groupings that are included in the Premium NA package that are not in the Classic NA package. Not sure about the teas in the Premium package but suspect that the higher priced "teas over Ice" section would not be in the Classic package, but would be in the Premium package. Just wish that they had a package that included the Gelateria choices! Guess that is what OBC is for :D.

On the X web site under restaurants is a listing for Cafe al Bacio. On the right side near the bottom of the al Bacio page is a menu listing with prices. I believe it is the "other favorites" and "more favorites" groupings that are included in the Premium NA package that are not in the Classic NA package. Not sure about the teas in the Premium package but suspect that the higher priced "teas over Ice" section would not be in the Classic package, but would be in the Premium package. Just wish that they had a package that included the Gelateria choices! Guess that is what OBC is for :D.

Yes, search is working again.

So yes, your description matchs what others report.

I also searched and found this info from FM

I had the PMNA (Premium Non Alcoholic Package) on the Dec 12th sailing aboard the Silhouette and had as many Virgin drinks as I could muster . Personally, I found the Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris better than the Banana ones or Virgin Pina Colada's (never thought about the Margarita's ). There is also a list of drinks available at the various bars that are "free" with the PMNA package such as ...

Strawberry Banana Soda

Peach Sangria

Sparkling Mint Lemonade

Watermelon Tropic

... plus smoothies were offered at Blu (breakfast for AQ guests) and at the Aqua Spa Cafe (breakfast - unsure if they were offered at lunch). Don't forget the freshly squeezed OJ you can get in the buffet at breakfast - yummy! AND of course, the sodas and bottled water including the Glacéau Vitamin ones. Didn't try any of the premium coffees or teas and non-alcoholic specialty coffees but they are included. I do recommend the PMNA package!

And going thru the lengthly beverage package discussion, did find out that one in a cabin can buy the package.

Thanks for the info on the NA packages

Archived