Headed back to Belize AGAIN

mitsugirly

Craig did you happen to go to one of these? Did you take thee water taxi?

We did the water taxi over Caye Caulker and found a excursion to take us out snorkeling. Beautiful place and friendly people. On the way back, we flew out from the little airport on Caulker.

And if you do go to Caye Caulker.... get on the golf cart and head west. Near the airstrip, there is a great breakfast/lunch place in the natural setting of the island called Coco Plum. They have artwork and even massages.... the great thing is the information they can give you.

http://hotguidebelize.com/caye-caulker/island-services-caye-caulker/coco-plum/

The split is east from the docks. Great place to have a drink and meet people.

We did the water taxi over Caye Caulker and found a excursion to take us out snorkeling. Beautiful place and friendly people. On the way back, we flew out from the little airport on Caulker.

Why did you take the plane back? How much for the plane ride?

You are welcome. I used to have a fear of the water taxi, but after being in Belize twice, I don't think it would be a big deal , as they run regular schedules..You just have to go outside the gate through the terminal and go to your left for just a bit, and then make a left , and walk straight down to the water taxi terminal. I talked to some locals there who use it all the time. And no one bothered us outside the gate as some have suggested.

My daughter and I will be at our Belize port in 2 weeks. Based on reviews of the past we booked Coral Breeze for barrier reef and shark-ray alley and Caye Caulker. Because of recent posts, I am leery of them. Also not sure if I want to walk to water taxi. ( 2 gals on our own) I've looked at Sea Sports Belize and am awaiting answer. Sounds like a very small, professional tour, but twice as expensive maybe one gets what one pays for? Any advice on canceling with CB or recommendations? We heard snorkeling is fantastic if one goes to the right place with the right guide. We have snorkeled on several cruises and land trips. Any thoughts or advice welcome. Thanks!

Why did you take the plane back? How much for the plane ride?

We were flying out of the Belize City airport to head back to eExas so it just made sense for us. It was $60. The water taxi was good though and is best option from cruise port.

Try this company. They are right inside the terminal.

My daughter and I will be at our Belize port in 2 weeks. Based on reviews of the past we booked Coral Breeze for barrier reef and shark-ray alley and Caye Caulker. Because of recent posts, I am leery of them. Also not sure if I want to walk to water taxi. ( 2 gals on our own) I've looked at Sea Sports Belize and am awaiting answer. Sounds like a very small, professional tour, but twice as expensive maybe one gets what one pays for? Any advice on canceling with CB or recommendations? We heard snorkeling is fantastic if one goes to the right place with the right guide. We have snorkeled on several cruises and land trips. Any thoughts or advice welcome. Thanks!

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/snorkeling.html#snorkeling

We just returned and ended up doing cavetubing again (since my oldest daughter was on this cruise with us and she had never been before). We had a semi-great time (not as good as the first time, but still good). :)

We just returned and ended up doing cavetubing again (since my oldest daughter was on this cruise with us and she had never been before). We had a semi-great time (not as good as the first time, but still good). :)

Did you have the Faster To The Fun Pass and did it help you get off the ship faster while in Belize? We haven't decided if we are going to get this. We are thinking about taking the water taxi to Caye Caulker for the day and thought if we had the FTTP we would have priority tendering and that would help us. Thanks

Did you have the Faster To The Fun Pass and did it help you get off the ship faster while in Belize? We haven't decided if we are going to get this. We are thinking about taking the water taxi to Caye Caulker for the day and thought if we had the FTTP we would have priority tendering and that would help us. Thanks

No sorry, we did not have the FTTF pass so I can't help you with that. It was our first Carnival cruise and really didn't know how that worked.

We had breakfast and leisurely walked down to get our tender tickets and they say "7" on them. However, after we sat down and they called numbers, they were calling about 4 or 5 numbers at a time. So it wasn't a long wait and I feel that we got off in plenty of time. The cavetubing companies will wait on you. ;)

Archived